Recovery in banks lifts European shares
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
Oct 6 European shares opened higher on Thursday with the beaten down banking sector providing the biggest boost while reports of takeover sent Osram to a record high.
The STOXX 600 index rose 0.3 percent, rebounding from a fall in the previous session when worries that the European Central Bank might wind down the pace of bond-buying before the end of its asset purchase programme hit both shares and bonds.
European banking stocks extended... read more
- 17:20 FTSE 100 surges to a fresh record high
- 17:20 Doncaster mums helping others to beat post natal depression
- 17:19 Sylatech reaches for the sky after securing work with global giants
- 17:19 Man had to have skull surgery after being stamped and kicked on...
- 17:18 Spike in help for Wigan hedgehogs
- 17:18 This brilliant Marc McNulty insight sums up the fun and...
- 17:18 Wiganer conquers Iraqi danger mountain
- 17:18 Syria war: Army takes full control of Damascus after ousting IS
- 17:17 Speaker John Bercow admits muttering word 'stupid'
- 17:15 Lottery win for Cumbrian resident
- 17:15 Workington youngster prepares for open water charity swim
- 17:15 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria
- 17:14 Victims urged to come forward after sex pest strikes in Chester...
- 17:14 ‘The system has failed to help my sick son’
- 17:14 Legacy funds low-cost homes in Warwick
- 17:14 Theatre review Inside the heart of darkness
- 17:13 Crackdown on 'dangerous' school parking in Doncaster
- 17:13 Is Abramovich at last paying the price for being too close to Putin?
- 17:12 Man Utd and Chelsea backed to complete mega swap involving Willian...
- 17:12 Liverpool ace Sadio Mane fires warning to Real Madrid ahead of...
- 17:12 ‘The system has failed to help my sick son’
- 17:12 Students gain top marks
- 17:11 Children 'threw rocks at heavily pregnant woman' in Coventry
- 17:09 Hospital plan at former BBC studios in Birmingham set to nearly...
- 17:09 Give me five! Steve Bruce explains what's driving him on to succeed...
- 17:08 Prince Harry and Meghan Markle official wedding pictures released
- 17:08 Former Man United and Ireland star Darron Gibson dodges jail after...
- 17:08 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:08 Crackdown on 'dangerous' school parking in Doncaster
- 17:07 Mysterious object seen speeding past sun could be 'visitor from...