Record numbers switching electricity supplier
More than 660,000 customers switched their electricity supplier in February - the highest number yet - according to industry figures.
Energy UK said the figure represented a 60% rise on February 2017, and that over a million customers had switched so far this year.
It said one reason may have been the cold weather during the month.
The most recent figures from regulator Ofgem show high numbers of households also switching their gas supplier.
Last year, 4.1 million domestic customers chose a new gas provider, the highest since 2008.
Gas bills are usually higher than electricity bills, so... read more
- 09:55 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:54 Mountain rescue help find lost fell runner on Clougha
- 09:53 Man dies after wall collapses at building site
- 09:53 Love Island fans beg Samira to "back off" from Alex amid Zara interest
- 09:53 Shayne Ward returns to Coronation Street to surprise Catherine...
- 09:53 VIDEO: Jubilant England fans bring Doncaster to standstill as...
- 09:51 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:51 'Life-saving' medical cannabis looks set to finally be provided for...
- 09:50 The Jerry Springer Show turns 25: the 10 most outrageous moments
- 09:49 Carillion collapse cost Notts taxpayers a quarter of a million pounds
- 09:49 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:49 The Finsbury Park attack showed us the worst of Britain, but how we...
- 09:49 How will YouTube Music and YouTube Premium work and how much will...
- 09:49 Residents 'shocked' by amount of Wigan dog thefts
- 09:49 Liverpool transfer news: Nabil Fekir quizzed on failed Anfield switch
- 09:48 STV chiefs under fire after snubbing Holyrood appearance
- 09:48 Northants councils shake-up: Consultation ‘a farce’
- 09:48 Woman who revealed names of two sex offence victims on social media...
- 09:47 Oz thug rock: the sound of 'complete disregard for authority'
- 09:47 Inside Jean-Michel Basquiat’s teen years: 'He was hitting on...
- 09:47 Capital’s Sigma extends Countryside deal
- 09:47 Lord Hague joins call for cannabis reform in wake of epilepsy...
- 09:47 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:47 Air Ambulance called to Preston garage after 'car falls on man'
- 09:47 Burnley street gripped by World Cup fever
- 09:45 Burglary at York farm shop: Police release CCTV image of suspect
- 09:45 Union back on picket line as train strike hits Wigan
- 09:45 Cash stolen after thieves break into neighbouring shops in Corby
- 09:44 Booze-fuelled school-run mum narrowly escapes prison sentence after...
- 09:44 Teenage boy stabbed outside Sheffield pub