RECIPE: Cod in tomato bisque with spinach pesto
What’s your favourite ingredient to cook with? It’s very easy to think of all those prime cuts that adorn the menus of swanky restaurants: fillets of beef, lobster tails, loin of turbot, or some rare mushroom that only pops its head above ground once in a blue moon, writes James Waller-Davies.
All lovely, yes. But the more we cook, we begin to realise there’s one ingredient that changes the quality of our cooking more than anything else…and that ingredient is time.
Nothing so effects the flavours and textures of what we put on our plates as the time we cook things for. Tough meat, dry fish,... read more
- 00:13 France: Parisians march against Macron’s latest diktats
- 00:13 New Zealand: Adern still in with a chance to be PM
- 00:13 NHS: Hospital waits reach record high
- 00:13 Picturehouse staff strike again
- 00:13 Chelsea News: I will miss Diego Costa, but Alvaro Morata is...
- 00:13 Tottenham News: Harry Kane is worth £100m like the best in the...
- 00:13 McDonnell: We’ll Slam the Lid on Tory Credit Crisis
- 00:07 How plastic became a victim of its own success
- 00:07 How jeans giant Levi Strauss got its mojo back
- 00:07 Labour to offer some women earlier retirement option
- 00:07 Gender pay gap widens for managers
- 00:07 Labour will allow women hit by state pension age changes to retire...
- 00:06 World of entertainment joins the NFL as they #taketheknee and defy...
- 00:06 Gaz Beadle gets new inking dedicated to his unborn child after...
- 00:02 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Ten million tune in for hottest opening...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: James Willmott-Brown to KILL Kathy Beale in...
- 00:01 Kane able to be ‘one of the world’s best strikers’
- 00:01 Harry Leslie Smith: We can do it again
- 00:01 Sane shows his worth as City dominate at home
- 00:01 Blades boss gets birthday present in Steel City derby
- 00:01 Magpies denied a point by Seagulls
- 00:01 The state is closing its ranks on spycops
- 00:01 The secret state is the real threat to democracy
- 00:01 You can’t be a pessimist and a socialist
- 00:01 Corbyn makes correct EU call
- 00:01 North Korea: Pyongyang stages anti-US rally amid mud-slinging
- 00:01 South Africa: Communists condemn loss of 2,000 gold mining jobs
- 00:01 Women ‘too frightened to travel at night’
- 00:01 Big Issue’s Bird wants renters to get credit
- 00:01 DPAC aims to raise cash for UC training