Realistic human body model created to train medics for trauma surgery
A researcher has used 3D printing to create an imitation human body - complete with realistic organs – in a bid to help train surgeons dealing with emergency trauma surgery.
Carefully modelled on a real body, it has been created from a combination of silicone gels and fibres to mimic a real patient to help train surgeons.
Richard Arm, a research fellow at Nottingham Trent University, developed the model in an attempt to recreate the stress and feel of emergency trauma surgery for trainee doctors.
He said: "The aim is to allow trainee surgeons the psychological space to prepare for real... read more
- 14:10 Russell Slade urges Coventry City supporters to refrain from...
- 14:10 Rangers ace Barrie McKay becomes the latest star to impress RB...
- 14:10 Broxburn Athletic Colts Ladies make debut in friendly clash with...
- 14:09 Gritters will be out in Notts this weekends as temperatures plummet
- 14:09 BOJ Kuroda: Steady U.S. growth may push up rates, dollar
- 14:09 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 14:08 Planning applications: Plan for 28 new dwellings in Sowerby
- 14:08 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 14:08 Get on your bike for Europe’s oldest charity cycle
- 14:07 Kiran Daudia: Fundraising appeal launched in memory of woman whose...
- 14:06 Burnley up ante in Robbie Brady chase with £13m offer for Norwich...
- 14:06 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe calls for 'heroic defending' after his...
- 14:06 Huthwaite leisure centre faces closure
- 14:06 Pictured: Saudi crash horror sisters killed and fighting for their...
- 14:06 Driver killed and woman hurt in horror Tamworth crash
- 14:06 What TV channel is Stoke City vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 14:06 Police cordon in place in Doncaster
- 14:06 Huddersfield tournament brings together boxers from across north of...
- 14:05 Planning applications: Plan for 28 new dwellings in Sowerby
- 14:05 Antonio Conte confirms Chelsea have received bid for this...
- 14:04 Fire rips through building in Saltshouse Road, Hull
- 14:04 Old Town road improvements to begin
- 14:04 Famous North Yorkshire brewery unveils new beer for Six Nations rugby
- 14:04 Whole world at winter party
- 14:04 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 14:03 BT announces price hikes for broadband, landline and sport
- 14:03 More staff needed for ambulances
- 14:00 Danger driver jailed for more than six years after devastating...
- 14:00 Naked man found handcuffed and hanged in latex gas mask by...
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...