RBS to pay $120 million to resolve Connecticut mortgage bond probe
Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc (RBS.L) will pay $120 million (93.4 million pounds) to resolve a Connecticut state investigation into the bank's underwriting of toxic mortgage-backed securities ahead of the 2008 financial crisis, authorities said on Monday.
The deal, announced by Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen and state Department of Banking Commissioner Jorge Perez, came as the bank has been seeking to resolve a series of probes and lawsuits over mortgage bonds.
(Reporting by Nate Raymond in New York; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- 05:34 Man United players want Jose Mourinho to make this change: Axed...
- 05:31 Ladybird plague heading for Lincolnshire - here's what to do
- 05:25 Man Utd's XI under Jose Mourinho in five years: Which stars could...
- 05:25 Arsenal hero: Arsene Wenger shouldn't start this Gunners star...
- 05:22 Two senior Chinese officers expelled from Communist Party
- 05:22 Roads to be closed for Grantham A&E protest march
- 05:22 Alan Power hopes he has 'proved a point' to Lincoln City boss Danny...
- 05:19 Sordid history of shameless father and son burglars
- 05:19 Activist calls on 'dodgy dossier' claims to be ignored in Labour...
- 05:19 Walton Breck Road regeneration plans get “resoundingly positive”...
- 05:19 Chelsea hero: Why these Blues stars have really surprised me this...
- 05:16 All hail the mighty uncle - Chinese welcome Xi as the 'core'
- 05:16 World's largest marine park created in Antarctic Ocean
- 05:14 Wolverhampton Wanderers nearly ruined my marriage - Robert Plant
- 05:06 Nato chief says alliance 'does not want new Cold War'
- 05:00 Expected Chelsea XI: Who will start in Antonio Conte's 3-4-3...
- 04:53 Children’s work used for Viking funeral fire
- 04:51 Bangladesh vs England second Test day one LIVE: Zafar Ansari handed...
- 04:44 12 weeks to save the shuttle bus
- 04:44 World Bank appoints first adviser to tackle LGBTI discrimination
- 04:42 Conor McGregor is nothing more than a left hand - UFC lightweight...
- 04:42 Martin Keown: Man United boss Jose Mourinho is failing this Old...
- 04:38 Nicola Adams hold talks with Eddie Hearn over turning professional
- 04:37 Lindsay Lohan leaves town in the dark over pledge to switch on...
- 04:32 Dollar, bond yields stand tall on enhanced Fed rate hike prospects
- 04:15 Sea King helicopter transformed into glamping pod
- 04:15 'Emoldjis': Gran's call for older people's lives to be reflected
- 04:15 'Lethal' DNP diet pills still on sale despite crackdown, BBC finds
- 04:15 Pair charged over Broxburn homeless unit baby death
- 04:11 New York hospital hires ROBOT as new gynaecologist instead of doctors