RBS to complete high street ring-fencing in 2018
Royal Bank of Scotland today said it will complete the ring-fencing of its retail banking operations by the end of 2018.
The lender, which is still 73 per cent owned by the UK government, is required to separate its investment banking operations from its high street arm by 2019.
“In order to be compliant with its requirements, we need to undertake a significant reorganisation of our current legal entity structure and business model,” the bank said.
READ MORE: Taxpayers face £100m legal bill for ex-RBS bosses
The Edinburgh-based group said RBS will be its core brand north of the Border,... read more
- 08:35 One legacy helps another
- 08:35 Escaped prisoner Shaun Walmsley still on the loose
- 08:35 US V EU: Trump aide in 'anti-Brussels slap down behind closed...
- 08:35 Woman jailed ‘for having sex with a dog’
- 08:34 Crash leads to partial closure of M1
- 08:34 Man seriously injured in stabbing
- 08:34 Hong Kong stocks at 18-1/2-month high on GDP, mainland inflows
- 08:34 Playbox Theatre will support Syria aid appeal by staging play
- 08:33 Fish and Chips the cats love going on outdoor adventures with...
- 08:33 Playbox Theatre will support Syria aid appeal by staging play
- 08:32 ‘Vote them all out’: Fury at Chapel St Leonards Parish Council
- 08:32 Time to check your change! The most valuable £1 coins in...
- 08:31 Surviving South Yorkshire D Day veterans offered free trip to...
- 08:31 Nearly 200 properties hit by power cut in Sheffield
- 08:30 Hibs and Hearts get ready to do battle in Scottish Cup replay and...
- 08:30 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:30 Force India confirm driver line-up ahead of 2017 F1 car launch
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street
- 08:25 Jim Duffy: Searching for that spark of leadership
- 08:24 Letter: How much longer do taxpayers have to be at bottom of the list?
- 08:25 Kei Nishikori stunned at Rio Open by Thomaz Bellucci
- 08:24 Tipping point: Is fly-tipping getting out of control in Shropshire?
- 08:25 Angela Merkel facing election threat in head-to-head with former EU...