RBS awards directors shares of up to £18.25 million
ROYAL Bank of Scotland yesterday sparked a political backlash by awarding its directors shares potentially worth up to £18.25 million. Although chief executive Ross McEwan has waived his annual bonus for 2013 and 2014, he has been granted a share award which could be worth up to £3m if the taxpayer-backed bank meets its targets.
The news comes a week after part-nationalised RBS announced an £8.2 billion annual loss, its sixth consecutive deficit, and pledged to rebuild trust with its customers.
Last month, RBS revealed a £576m bonus pot for staff – which does not include yesterday’s shares... read more
- 19:03 Brave moment boy, 13, saves teenager from drowning
- 19:02 Serial rapist "got kicks from being violent to - and dominating -...
- 19:02 Club promoter spared jail despite killing schoolboy with single punch
- 19:02 Sheffield lap dancer comes to the defence of Spearmint Rhino
- 19:00 Ed Sheeran donates Lego head to local charity shop
- 18:59 Nick Kyrgios reveals what Andy Murray said to him after Queen’s defeat
- 18:55 Ant McPartlin and Lisa Armstrong 'wrangle over wedding rings as she...
- 18:53 Northants spinner White opts to retire from red-ball cricket
- 18:52 Video: ‘You call me Mr President’, Macron tells teen
- 18:52 Hammond 'ordered NHS chief to back health funding plan'
- 18:48 Prolific thief jailed after breaching north Cumbria shop ban
- 18:48 Man ‘made girl, 4, do plank exercise then killed her by snapping...
- 18:47 Lake District chef through to finals of top cooking competition
- 18:47 Hull care home fined £4,000 for failing to do this simple task
- 18:46 'What a lack of respect' Sporting CP fans react to Wolves poaching...
- 18:46 Mayor backs Birmingham city centre pollution charge
- 18:46 'Perhaps West Brom should have played him centre forward' - Baggies...
- 18:46 Lesbian reveal was cut out of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,...
- 18:45 REVIEW: New Worlds is ‘magnificent showcase’ for Bill Murray’s...
- 18:44 Royal Ascot 2018 day two tips: Cracksman can make it six of the best
- 18:43 Andy Murray suffers narrow defeat on injury return against...
- 18:42 National Action informer 'told charity about MP murder plot'
- 18:38 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho urged to make TWO key signings by Ryan...
- 18:38 Great Exhibition of the North: Everything you need to know about...
- 18:38 Residents invited to 'meet the designers' of final plan for Bond End
- 18:37 Northern rail disruption to last until November
- 18:37 Facebook ordered to explain deleted profile
- 18:35 VIDEO: Heartwarming scenes as Andy Murray receives standing ovation...
- 18:35 Dundee United complete deals for midfielder Christoph Rabitsch and...
- 18:30 Grenfell bodycam footage shows firefighters' first minutes