Rare locomotives deliver the goods as rail fans flock to travel behind them
The pulling power of a pair of rarely seen locomotives saw more than 200 rail fans help two Teesside charities.
Rail buffs made tracks to the Wensleydale Railway to gauge the finer points of the historic Class 08 shunting locomotives.
The locos, named Bryan Turner and John W Antill, were built in 1960 and 1962 respectively and have hardly ever been seen before in public, having been used on privately owned industrial land throughout their existence.
Purchased by ICI in the mid-1990s, they were first used at Billingham and then Wilton before Sembcorp Utilities UK took over their ownership in... read more
- 08:58 Liverpool striker Divock Origi reveals he rejected Manchester...
- 08:57 How to cure a cold and other winter bugs without leaving your home
- 08:57 Which area of Hull uses A&E for minor injuries the most?
- 08:53 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 13: WIN! A £50 Vickerstown Interiors voucher,...
- 08:53 Ulverston PCSO issues warning to drivers over email scam
- 08:53 Confusion as Holbeach pub ‘closes’ its doors
- 08:52 Search is on for the top accountants
- 08:52 Rachael helps set the scene for play
- 08:47 DR MAX: It makes my blood boil, the Muslim wives we doctors just...
- 08:46 BREAKING: Train derails and explodes into flames in Bulgaria,...
- 08:45 11 of the most bizarre yoga classes to have come out of 2016
- 08:44 Missing father Stephen Woolley's car is found
- 08:43 Burnley travel guru helps HQ to business award
- 08:39 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:39 Men jailed for shoplifting in Buxton
- 08:39 A big cheer from Melton for Make It Happen 2016
- 08:37 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 08:37 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:33 Oil platforms could be left in the North Sea
- 08:31 This Chelsea ace is so good it's like having an extra player out...
- 08:27 Aga cooker sparks city centre house fire
- 08:27 Man goes missing from Nottinghamshire village
- 08:26 Elliot ready to return after nine months out
- 08:25 Students rise to the challenge at RAF base
- 08:25 Arsenal and Manchester United target Dimitri Payet available for...
- 08:24 ‘Bridlington is an amazing place with a lot to offer’
- 08:22 Four killed after train derails and explodes in Bulgaria
- 08:21 Grantham Journal column: We’re pushing to get new complex built
- 08:19 PHOTOS: Banbury Santas run for hospice
- 08:18 Can cyclists ride side-by-side on the road?