Rare locomotives deliver the goods as rail fans flock to travel behind them
The pulling power of a pair of rarely seen locomotives saw more than 200 rail fans help two Teesside charities.
Rail buffs made tracks to the Wensleydale Railway to gauge the finer points of the historic Class 08 shunting locomotives.
The locos, named Bryan Turner and John W Antill, were built in 1960 and 1962 respectively and have hardly ever been seen before in public, having been used on privately owned industrial land throughout their existence.
Purchased by ICI in the mid-1990s, they were first used at Billingham and then Wilton before Sembcorp Utilities UK took over their ownership in... read more
- 06:57 Hospitals look for NHS 70th anniversary boost
- 06:57 PNE boss Alex Neil rues missed chances to get into top six
- 06:57 Guest Column: Bassetlaw needs to become a Mayflower tourist trap
- 06:57 Emergency services dealing with serious collision near Doncaster
- 06:57 College students brush up skills for painting competition
- 06:55 Guest column: How much of ‘our country’ will Brexit actually give...
- 06:55 Guest Column: Delays in Manchester will affect Gainsborough
- 06:54 Opinion: Burton Mail says murderer David Bond should serve his...
- 06:53 Alder Hey hospital staff are receiving threats and personal abuse...
- 06:49 Carphone Warehouse to move to new site in Stratford
- 06:48 Sky Sports pundit explains how close Liverpool are to challenging...
- 06:47 Being dad for a third time takes it’s toll on Prince William as he...
- 06:47 Pictured: Man fighting for life after police stood by while he was...
- 06:47 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:45 Emergency services dealing with serious collision near Doncaster
- 06:43 Kate Bush makes second tribute to Emily Brontë with art installation
- 06:43 Don't call me baby: the birth of the gender-neutral ‘theyby’
- 06:40 REVEALED: The 20 worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Sheffield
- 06:38 Tributes to Hebburn-born science expert
- 06:38 Families urged to sign up for South Tyneside hospice fundraiser
- 06:38 Hospitals look for NHS 70th anniversary boost
- 06:38 Firms ‘looking to move’ because of South Tyneside traffic jams
- 06:38 Bid to build business units in South Tyneside
- 06:38 South Shields FC to toast another title success with party
- 06:37 Jose Mourinho to decide between Nemanja Matic and David De Gea as...
- 06:36 Leader comment: Old age is a cancer risk
- 06:36 Northampton heroes next door win neighbour thank-you awards
- 06:36 Shona Robison under fire over ‘snub’ to doctors discussing...
- 06:36 Older people ‘overlooked’ in cancer coverage
- 06:34 Our little miracle: Burton Latimer couple’s baby battle