Rare group of children are IMMUNE to AIDS, scientists reveal - as US researchers claim they are 'on the cusp of a cure for HIV'
A rare group of children is immune to AIDS, scientists believe.
The 170 boys and girls in South Africa are known as 'non-progressors'.
They were all born with HIV, after being infected in the womb, and still have extremely high levels of the disease in their blood.
But they are completely healthy.
Most importantly, their infection has not made the natural progression to AIDS - and doctors believe it never will, even without antiretroviral (ART) drugs.
WHY ARE THESE KIDS RESISTANT TO AIDS? Scientists have identified a group of 170 'non-progressors' in South Africa.
The children are all aged... read more
- 10:33 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:32 Mitsui buys 20 percent stake in Shell's offshore oil fields in Gulf
- 10:32 Sepp Blatter to learn fate on FIFA ban for 'disloyal payment' to...
- 10:31 Business machines supplier upgrades premises
- 10:31 Jet2holidays launches new package
- 10:31 Dating app creator reassures users over online safety
- 10:31 How new children's hospital at Leicester Royal Infirmary may look
- 10:31 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Ariel Winter wows in a plunging gown with a racy sheer skirt as she...
- 10:30 Kendall Jenner sizzles in racy sheer lingerie as she shows off...
- 10:31 Shanghai Shenhua claim ‘breakthrough’ in transfer deal for...
- 10:30 'I want it every day': Wayne Bridge reveals he would love to have...
- 10:31 Police called to reports of elderly man walking on M6
- 10:30 Ola Jordan flaunts her washboard abs and sizzling curves in a...
- 10:30 Liam Payne's Facebook is hacked with pornographic images... just...
- 10:30 Chloe Moretz shows off her edgy sense of style as she suits up in a...
- 10:30 'You can babysit for Cheryl': Brian Friedman awkwardly answers...
- 10:30 Train smashes into car on level crossing at 100mph – moments after...
- 10:30 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:29 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 10:28 City Hospital bosses should be ashamed over Archway of Tears...
- 10:28 QUIZ: Sweeter side of 'have cake and eat it'
- 10:28 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:28 QUIZ: Mark World Ninja Day by checking which keyboard warrior you are
- 10:28 New future for Birmingham's Axis building unveiled
- 10:27 Afghan migrant arrested after rape and murder of EU official’s...
- 10:26 Crash blocks off A151 in Lincolnshire town
- 10:25 Japan PM to visit Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor victims with Obama
- 10:24 The best seats in the sky: Top 10 airline cabins for first,...