Rare Booted Warbler causes a flap on the Great Orme
Like almost everyone else, it seemed, I took advantage of Sunday’s glorious weather to see what migrant birds I could find on the Great Orme .
With easterly winds last week, it is one of the best local places to visit in autumn.
Along with Anglesey and Bardsey, it’s the only part of North Wales with an east coast, so it can pick up birds from Scandinavia or Russia that are swept westwards instead of south to Africa.
The most evident migrants were Robins. Dozens of them. Small bushes were full of the orange-breasted birds we associate with our gardens at Christmas .
There were stand-offs and... read more
- 11:10 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has built the team in his...
- 11:08 New 40-bedroom hotel opens on the shores of Ullswater
- 11:08 Have your say on policing in Cumbria
- 11:07 'Help us save old school from demolition crews'
- 11:06 At last, we’re actually going to get some hot weather
- 11:06 Ancient castles, vineyards and James Bond-approved roads: Six...
- 11:06 Never, ever grin at a gorilla: Musician reveals how the mood of a...
- 11:06 Sardinia sparkles - even without its capital of bling: Why the...
- 11:06 Deliveroo brings takeaway orders straight to holidaymakers lounging...
- 11:06 I’ll eat humble pie – the Algarve is a foodie’s heaven: Fresh fish,...
- 11:05 Two men and a boy arrested on suspicion of burglary
- 11:05 Timothy Fosu-Mensah reveals messages from Manchester United manager...
- 11:04 Leeds eying Arsenal ace Chuba Akpom as Chris Wood replacement:...
- 11:03 10 sure signs you’re the toxic one in your friendship
- 11:02 Care home ordered to improve over safety concerns
- 11:02 Rocking on in memory of Grimsby 'Rock God' Karl Brumby
- 11:02 Fun day in Freshney ward packed with thrills thanks to Comic Relief...
- 11:01 Dad got drunk and dug huge hole so now it’s a swimming pool
- 11:00 From nightclubs to shops, check out these part-time jobs perfect...
- 10:58 Kim Wall died in accident on submarine, Danish inventor says
- 10:57 Holiday weather: Outlook for resorts at home and overseas on August 22
- 10:56 Grimsby Town fans 'had to show bras' to Stevenage security
- 10:55 If you’re going to feed the trolls, do it with these cakes
- 10:55 Taco Bell now sells a breakfast taco with a fried egg for a shell
- 10:54 Cyclist suffers potentially 'life-changing' injuries in Orchard...
- 10:54 New ONE Championship champion Martin Nguyen eyeing super fight with...
- 10:54 Pictured: £500k in suitcase and £1.2m heroin haul found hidden...
- 10:53 Bruce Forsyth's family reveal star’s struggle during his final days
- 10:53 Car ploughs into Marseille bus shelters leaving 'at least one dead'
- 10:52 Illegal scrambler bikes spotted in Ellesmere Port