Rare Black Moon to appear over North East on Friday - but does it mark the end of days?
Cancel any plans you have for the weekend - because it’s the end of the world.
A rare black moon will appear in the skies over the North East on Friday with some claiming it heralds global destruction.
The phenomenon occurs when the illuminated side of the moon is caught in the shadow of the Earth meaning it is almost invisible to the naked eye.
And although there’s not much to see stargazers are excited about the event.
Gary Fildes, of Kielder Observatory in Northumberland, said there is nothing to fear.
He said: “Some say it is a sign of the end of days but I can’t comment on that.
“You... read more
- 00:31 BREAKING: 'It's the right time' New Zealand prime minister John Key...
- 00:30 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies purposefully...
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies
- 00:08 Reshaping our economy is our only way forward
- 00:08 It’s decision time for Labour’s warring tribes
- 00:08 Fighting the flames in Palestine together
- 00:08 Countering the goons of fascism
- 00:08 Syria: Army heads deep into east Aleppo but rebels fight on