Rape law review after footballer Ched Evans's trial
The law protecting alleged rape victims from disclosing details of their sex lives will be reviewed in the wake of Wales footballer Ched Evans's case.
The Chesterfield striker, 27, was cleared of rape at retrial last month.
Accusers do not normally have to disclose sexual history details to defence barristers, but the Court of Appeal said this case was exceptional.
Home Office minister Baroness Williams said concerns "should be looked at and we intend to deal with it".
In 2012, Mr Evans was found guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room in Rhuddlan, Denbighshire, the... read more
- 00:10 MRIs could ‘change equation’ for prostate cancer screening
- 00:08 How former Leeds sewage works turned into a top retail spot for...
- 00:08 England U19 3-0 Spain U19: Trent Alexander-Arnold scores brace to...
- 00:08 RFU chiefs planning big change for the Six Nations but players...
- 00:08 Man United star David De Gea: This is the best thing about Jose...
- 00:06 REVEALED: These are the 10 CHEAPEST European city breaks for UK...
- 00:06 Will Brexit hinder Yorkshire’s efforts to tackle human trafficking?
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...