Rangers outcast Joey Barton scales Ben Lomond but still has a mountain to climb to save Ibrox career
JOEY BARTON scaled the heights today as he sets about climbing the mountain he faces to resurrect his Rangers career.
The Ibrox outcast posted pictures on Instagram of himself and his dog at the summit of Ben Lomond.
He walked up the 990m ascent and 7.5 miles it takes to reach the top of Ben Lomond – but faces an uphill struggle to stay at Rangers.
It was revealed on Sunday Barton has been told to stay away from the club for another seven days – just when his original three-week suspension was set to expire.
The Scouser was originally due back at the club on Monday morning following a ban... read more
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...
- 08:49 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:48 Hunt for Audi A3 driver who sped off after fatal crash that left...
- 08:45 James Milner stuns Liverpool team-mates with wondergoal ahead of...
- 08:41 M6 closed after smash
- 08:40 Royal visitor to Banbury chocolate plant
- 08:34 No, having BPD doesn’t make you a bad partner
- 08:34 Liverpool hero reveals how Real Madrid already have upper hand in...
- 08:33 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:28 My secret life as a student Nightline volunteer
- 08:24 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:24 A stunning Cornish cove has gone on sale for £2.6 million