Rangers midfielder Joey Barton should ditch the philosophy and start the football again
ONE must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
Great line. Who knows what it means but it sounds good.
It’s not one of mine unfortunately but from the quill of good old Friedrich Nietzsche. Everyone’s favourite philosopher. Well, Joey Barton’s anyway.
The – for the time being anyway – Rangers player is a man after my own heart. You can’t beat a bit of Nietzsche.
It has to be in small doses though. I’ve tried reading his works in full and it’s not easy. Jack Reacher it ain’t.
It’s safer to stick to the Nietzsche quote-of-the-day bog roll in the en suite at... read more
- 19:58 Public salute veterans on Stoke-on-Trent Armed Forces Day
- 19:57 Cumbria's police and crime commissioner presents Pubwatch Star Awards
- 19:56 Everton FC: What the Blues still need to do in the transfer window
- 19:56 The homeless people living on the banks of the Salford Canal - and...
- 19:55 1,000 forced to flee Spanish national park as fire spreads
- 19:53 Manchester United just days away from announcing Fabinho signing -...
- 19:51 Boston Celtics ace Jaylen Brown talks Isaiah Thomas, LeBron James...
- 19:51 Strangled mum who used fake nails to gouge eyes of bodybuilder ex...
- 19:45 Missing Hartlepool boy Brandon found safe
- 19:44 Push on with the 'great unwinding', BIS tells central banks
- 19:44 RBS to cut 443 jobs in UK, move many of them to India
- 19:42 Coronation Street: Sean Tully star WADES IN on Bethany Platt...
- 19:41 Schools come together for midsummer concert
- 19:40 New category unveiled for 2017 Golden Apple Awards
- 19:37 Bradley Lowery's message as song in his honour rides high in charts
- 19:36 VAR confusion in Confederations Cup as referee watches replay then...
- 19:36 Great Britain pipped to bronze by France at European Athletics Team...
- 19:36 Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares claim men's doubles title at Queen's...
- 19:34 Council proposes changes to service
- 19:33 Rory McIlroy bemoans poor putting despite carding lowest round in...
- 19:29 Montreal festival float causes race row
- 19:29 All 60 high-rise buildings tested for combustible cladding have so...
- 19:27 Charlie Sheen is reportedly being sued for exposing a former...
- 19:27 Thieves raid Doncaster's Yorkshire Pie House
- 19:26 Lodge open day at Blenheim House
- 19:25 Mum who lost baby demands answers after catalogue of errors at...
- 19:21 Daniel Sturridge 'should leave Liverpool FC'
- 19:20 Jo Cox's children unveil memorial plaque
- 19:19 Lotan Carter REMOVED from Big Brother house in shock exit
- 19:18 Spate of break-ins across south east Sheffield