Rangers midfielder Joey Barton should ditch the philosophy and start the football again
ONE must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
Great line. Who knows what it means but it sounds good.
It’s not one of mine unfortunately but from the quill of good old Friedrich Nietzsche. Everyone’s favourite philosopher. Well, Joey Barton’s anyway.
The – for the time being anyway – Rangers player is a man after my own heart. You can’t beat a bit of Nietzsche.
It has to be in small doses though. I’ve tried reading his works in full and it’s not easy. Jack Reacher it ain’t.
It’s safer to stick to the Nietzsche quote-of-the-day bog roll in the en suite at... read more
- 06:24 Hungry Jack's shooting: police told woman was wielding large knife,...
- 06:24 Views are the pits: welcome to China's quarry hotel
- 06:24 Guest column: Female Tudor fashion could get quite odd at times
- 06:22 'Do you have any ectoplasm? Is it vaginal?' The return of punk...
- 06:22 Gennady Golovkin brands Canelo Alvarez a CHEAT in latest outburst...
- 06:21 Mark O’Donnell: Mainstream schools don’t work for many...
- 06:21 Alex Cole-Hamilton: SNP should make cannabis oil available on NHS
- 06:21 Muffins found to have ‘more sugar than can of Coke’
- 06:21 Lib Dems’ Alex Cole-Hamilton admits to cannabis use at university
- 06:21 Tai Chi ‘better than aerobic exercise’ for chronic pain relief
- 06:21 Royal Infirmary misses waiting time targets for six months
- 06:19 Brexit blue passports will be made by French/Dutch company in Europe
- 06:15 Preston North End owner Trevor Hemmings delighted with work of...
- 06:14 Former Staffordshire Regiment soldier Mark Inman shares his battle...
- 06:13 More magistrates needed in Warwickshire
- 06:13 Government to launch new Fintech taskforce and links with Australia
- 06:13 The Hepworth Wakefield announces 2018 Sculpture Prize shortlist
- 06:11 This studio was created by Hartlepool students - and it’s out of...
- 06:11 Search for a solution pledge over flooded Hartlepool cemetery plots
- 06:12 Roma chief issues huge transfer update on Alisson amid Liverpool...
- 06:11 Ewe beauties! Nature reserve gets ready to welcome cute new arrivals
- 06:11 Car parking charges set to resume at popular coastline
- 06:11 Match of the day as Hartlepool couple who met at football game...
- 06:11 John Oliver's gay rabbit book parody outsells Mike Pence's original...
- 06:11 Hartlepool woman found guilty of assaulting her grandmother
- 06:11 First black female high commissioner appointed by Foreign Office
- 06:10 Youngster’s half-marathon effort in memory of Thrapston footballer Ben
- 06:10 Wellingborough bridge to shut today for six months
- 06:10 Rushden Mayor honours people who help make town a better place
- 06:10 Corby bus users will benefit from service changes