Rangers legend Fernando Ricksen allowed to fly to Scotland after flight ban U-turn by KLM
RANGERS legend Fernando Ricksen has finally been allowed to jet to Scotland after initially been told he couldn't board a KLM flight due to his illness.
The former midfielder suffers from Motor Neurone Disease and was stopped from boarding a flight from Valencia to Amsterdam as he prepared to make his way to Glasgow for a charity dinner.
The airline initially defended the decision, which was made over fears Ricksen would be unable to undo his seatbelt in an emergency.
Ricksen is due in Glasgow for a charity dinner in his honour tomorrow night, with former Rangers stars such as Barry... read more
- 07:34 Bill Jamieson: Can the BoE resist inflation trigger?
- 07:33 Liverpool star agrees bumper £2.2m deal - reports
- 07:33 Arsenal winger confirms he has joined Premier League rival on...
- 07:31 Dyson 'enormously optimistic' about post-Brexit trade
- 07:31 Sunderland headteachers want parental support to fight ‘£14million...
- 07:31 Driver dragged from car by stranger as three women suffer...
- 07:31 ‘Autism passport’ scheme launched thanks to input from Sunderland...
- 07:31 Brave Bradley Lowery is pride of England as Wembley mascot
- 07:30 Gulf Arab states push for UK free trade deal after Brexit - officials
- 07:27 Indyref2: SNP ‘must be realistic’ on economy to win vote
- 07:26 Nikkei tumbles as safe-haven yen surges on Trump healthcare defeat
- 07:25 Fire crews called to college twice in one night
- 07:25 Cheryl’s mum Joan ‘moving into Cheryl and Liam Payne’s love nest to...
- 07:24 Voice your concerns about village plan
- 07:23 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona sign these players: Cristiano...
- 07:19 SLIDESHOW: Blackpool 2 Hartlepool United 1: Pools fans slideshow
- 07:18 Kirsty Gunn: A good deal more worthy than pandering to politics
- 07:18 Lincoln man appears in new Channel 5 documentary
- 07:18 At last! Town to finally get skate park after 11 year wait
- 07:18 Lincolnshire hotel set to be transformed into special school
- 07:18 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez eyes incredible Premier League signing
- 07:17 Everything you need to know about the new £1 coin
- 07:17 How Hull mum's love for kids helped her break free from prostitution
- 07:17 Princes Quay shopping centre reveals new-look entrances to help...
- 07:17 Hull KR's Jamie Ellis disappointed to not break world record
- 07:17 Live as Radio 1 reveals Big Weekend Hull ticket release date
- 07:17 Curb supermarket discounts on salty, fatty foods: MPs demand tough...
- 07:16 Edinburgh’s Exova confirms three takeover approaches
- 07:16 WEATHER: Sheffield set for more sunshine this afternoon
- 07:16 News report on a loop