Rangers boss Mark Warburton tips midfield duo Jason Holt and Andy Halliday for Scotland call-ups
MARK WARBURTON last night tipped Rangers midfield duo Andy Halliday and Jason Holt to gatecrash Scotland’s World Cup qualifying bid.
The Ibrox boss is convinced both players can join team-mates Barrie McKay and Lee Wallace in Gordon Strachan’s plans as the national team manager tries to plot a course for Russia.
Scotland take on Lithuania and Slovakia next week and while Halliday and Holt are not involved at this stage, Warburton believes they can make a contribution later in the campaign.
He said: “A manager is always going to talk up his own players but you look at Andy Halliday and how... read more
- 01:36 Cancer Drugs Fund 'has not delivered meaningful value to patients...
- 01:36 Brexit uncertainty hits morale of NHS staff from EU - MPs
- 01:36 Arrest of man carrying bag of knives in Whitehall thought to...
- 01:36 Marine Alexander Blackman released from prison
- 01:36 Woman shot and four arrested in counter-terrorism operation
- 01:36 Ukip launches General Election campaign as PM moves to occupy...
- 01:36 Anthony Joshua gets a shock before facing Wladimir Klitschko as Dr...
- 01:36 Parkinson's disease 'could start in the STOMACH before spreading to...
- 01:33 'Dominant' London and South East to expand economic presence
- 01:31 Cancer Drugs Fund 'huge waste of money'
- 01:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 01:19 US border residents take sides on the wall
- 01:19 Venezuela opposition leader denounces 'savage repression'
- 01:11 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young shocked after being told by letter...
- 01:10 Take your Zuckerberg to work day! Facebook founder spends the day...
- 01:10 Do YOU speak Doggo? From pupperinos to woofers, researchers reveal...
- 01:10 The $30 BILLION race to create an AI sex doll that can chat and...
- 01:09 NFL Draft 2017: Stars reveal what it's really like entering the NFL
- 00:58 Vauxhall 'reckless' over Zafira fires, say MPs
- 00:58 Jailed marine Alexander Blackman freed from prison
- 00:57 Cumbria's premier education and learning awards launched
- 00:56 Skyscanner chief honoured at digital technology awards
- 00:55 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho accuses Sergio Aguero of...
- 00:50 Why 'breathing better' is the cure for hypertension
- 00:50 How sparkling water is wrecking your teeth: Gas in the drink is...
- 00:46 Risk of deeper involvement as U.S. weighs its options in Afghanistan
- 00:41 Future of cash: Can a 'bank in a box' replace a branch?
- 00:41 TED 2017: UK 'Iron Man' demonstrates flying suit
- 00:39 Rutherglen and Cambuslang Sports Council in search for new Chairperson
- 00:37 Viewpoint: Is inequality about to get unimaginably worse?