Rangers and Hibs now in the clear as SFA panel backs down over Scottish Cup Final shame scenes
RANGERS and Hibs will now not have to pay for the damage caused at Hampden after the Scottish Cup Final.
An independent panel dismissed the SFA complaint that had ordered the clubs to cover the cost of the destruction to the national stadium.
The pitch was damaged as was a set of goalposts and the advertising hoardings.
Rangers had a legal team working on the case while Hibs had hired SPFL lawyer Rod MacKenzie to fight their corner.
But the judicial panel heard the case and has thrown it out after they ruled the clubs themselves could not be held accountable for the action of their fans.... read more
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...
- 01:10 Chris Eubank Jnr heading back home to the UK after three months in...
- 01:10 Casino stocks fall after report of ATM cash withdrawal limit in Macau
- 01:10 Asian shares flat but on track for weekly gains
- 01:06 Children of 'just managing families left out by grammars'
- 00:58 New blood test could aid spotting early signs of lung cancer
- 00:55 Ultra runner tops 100-mile mark in 24-hour challenge
- 00:55 Self-harm hospital admissions of children show 'frightening rise'
- 00:55 Ajax's Europa League tie at Standard Liege marred by crowd trouble...
- 00:55 Charlie Austin to miss Southampton game against Middlesbrough,...
- 00:53 See inside Apple's spaceship: Leaked images reveal floor-to-ceiling...
- 00:43 Trump picks Andrew Puzder to lead US Department of Labor
- 00:43 Boys three times more likely to have science toys than girls
- 00:41 U.N. urges Myanmar's Suu Kyi to visit country's divided northwest
- 00:37 Cyber threat underestimated despite risks as high as burglary,...
- 00:37 Youth arrested in double murder probe after death of man and teenager
- 00:37 Lung cancer test may show signs of disease up to five years...
- 00:37 Social media helping fuel nation of 'deeply unhappy' children,...
- 00:37 Boris Johnson to visit Middle East after Saudi Arabia 'proxy...