Rangers and Hibs now in the clear as SFA panel backs down over Scottish Cup Final shame scenes
RANGERS and Hibs will now not have to pay for the damage caused at Hampden after the Scottish Cup Final.
An independent panel dismissed the SFA complaint that had ordered the clubs to cover the cost of the destruction to the national stadium.
The pitch was damaged as was a set of goalposts and the advertising hoardings.
Rangers had a legal team working on the case while Hibs had hired SPFL lawyer Rod MacKenzie to fight their corner.
But the judicial panel heard the case and has thrown it out after they ruled the clubs themselves could not be held accountable for the action of their fans.... read more
- 09:09 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:08 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:08 How Trinity Leeds paved the way for a shopping revolution
- 09:08 Calls for Warwick District Council to release study into...
- 09:08 Traffic at a standstill on M621 in Leeds
- 09:08 What is it like to be in a driverless car? We put the first...
- 09:08 Mum FINED after autistic daughter, 9, missed school for charity ski...
- 09:07 Mum shares brutal Aldi warning and urges you to 'never' shop there
- 09:06 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:05 10 of the best places to eat in Yorkshire
- 09:05 Task force set up to help homeless in Warwick district
- 09:04 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:04 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:04 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:04 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:03 Wigan pensioner who hoarded vile child porn is spared jail
- 09:02 Ex-Aston Villa star and his Real Housewives of Cheshire wife...
- 09:02 Jeremy Vine sparks row after broadcasting train passenger's loud...
- 09:01 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:00 Championship news: Reading to announce Jaap Stam's successor today...
- 08:59 Four-day inquest scheduled following death of Barrow dad, 45
- 08:59 Pervert marine engineer had nearly 25,000 indecent images of children
- 08:59 Arsenal are to blame for Alexis Sanchez’s Manchester United...
- 08:59 McWilliams ‘ready’ to step in for suspended O’Toole at Fleetwood
- 08:57 Breakthrough in campaign to cut speed limit along road in Holbeach
- 08:57 ‘Sucker for something new’ welcomes long-lost King Arthur...
- 08:57 Gary Barlow shows support for Ant McPartlin and compares his...
- 08:56 Warwick Poppies project now at halfway mark
- 08:56 Firefighters called to car fire in Kenilworth
- 08:56 Have your say at HQ plan meeting in Leamington