Rangers and Hibs now in the clear as SFA panel backs down over Scottish Cup Final shame scenes
RANGERS and Hibs will now not have to pay for the damage caused at Hampden after the Scottish Cup Final.
An independent panel dismissed the SFA complaint that had ordered the clubs to cover the cost of the destruction to the national stadium.
The pitch was damaged as was a set of goalposts and the advertising hoardings.
Rangers had a legal team working on the case while Hibs had hired SPFL lawyer Rod MacKenzie to fight their corner.
But the judicial panel heard the case and has thrown it out after they ruled the clubs themselves could not be held accountable for the action of their fans.... read more
- 08:02 Mao Kobayashi: Japanese cancer blogger dies at 34
- 08:02 Angry bouncing man rips his shirt off and starts a brawl at Ascot
- 08:01 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Kirklees Council to commemorate mass killing
- 08:01 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling climbs BACK after Theresa...
- 08:00 Mohamed Salah: First snaps of the new Liverpool signing with his...
- 08:00 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:59 Swansong concert for Kinder Children’s Choir’s stalwart musical...
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination
- 07:53 Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea: Details include five-year deal and...