Rail travellers kept in the dark by operating companies about new refund rules that allow them to claim money back for issues other than delays
Passengers are unaware of new rules that would give them stronger powers to claim refunds from UK train companies, it was reported last night.
Three quarters of the UK's train companies are failing to tell customers when they are entitled to compensation, as a total of 16 operators including Virgin Trains, Transport for London and Stagecoach have not updated their terms to inform customers of the law change, the Telegraph said.
The Consumer Rights Act was extended on Saturday to cover the rail industry, which would allow passengers to claim back money for issues other than delays, such as... read more
- 00:28 Car production hit 17-year high in February
- 00:28 How an obscure seed is helping to save the elephant
- 00:28 HSBC confident of filling Birmingham headquarters roles on time
- 00:24 Less than half of women breastfeed after two months, survey finds
- 00:23 Brexit vote: Single market benefit 'largely imaginary'
- 00:22 Lukas Podolski insists his fairytale ending for Germany was 'like...
- 00:22 Thomas Muller admits Lukas Podolski's fairytale farewell game for...
- 00:22 One in four waiting for an inheritance before they can buy a house
- 00:22 Yorkshire ‘postcode lottery’ means patients must get fatter to have...
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults