Rail passengers given more powers to challenge levels of compensation
Rail passengers can challenge the amount of compensation they receive for delays and cancellations after strengthened rules to protect consumers took effect.
Travellers unhappy with the amount of their payout will be able to pursue a claim through the courts if they fail to resolve the issue with the train company.
The new power came into force on Saturday after the Government decided the Consumer Rights Act (CRA), introduced on October 1 last year, should apply to all transport services.
It means passengers are now able to claim compensation for problems beyond a delay.
The National Rail... read more
- 14:53 Neighbours spoiler: Is Toadie going to LEAVE Ramsay Street amid...
- 14:52 Yemen says it captures senior al Qaeda leader
- 14:52 Rabbit sale ban across Lincolnshire to stop Easter impulse buying
- 14:52 Would you still vote to leave the EU?
- 14:52 Shameful Derbyshire uncle threatened to use blow torch on niece’s feet
- 14:51 Derbyshire bird-watching spot destroyed by 'vandals'
- 14:51 Wizard of Wishaw John Higgins begins title quest in China with...
- 14:50 Echo and signed strip featured among time capsule items at new...
- 14:48 Takeaway delivery driver robbed of cash and hit in the head in...
- 14:48 Reports of Coca-Cola cans contaminated by human waste...
- 14:48 22-storey Pall Mall tower APPROVED - and other things we learned...
- 14:48 Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo used to CRY when this happened
- 14:45 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 14:45 White Rose Shopping Centre celebrates 20 years with birthday bonanza
- 14:45 Wall St. set to open slightly lower
- 14:45 Trump to sign order sweeping away Obama-era climate policies
- 14:45 The best Easter eggs for kids - choose from Cadbury, Marks and...
- 14:45 A year on, regal Suu Kyi struggles to move Myanmar on from conflict
- 14:45 Easter eggs perfect for adults - choose from Lindt, Cadbury,...
- 14:45 The best luxury Easter eggs from Lindt to Prestat, Waitrose and more
- 14:44 Musical treat with top brass talent
- 14:45 London-Paris business and tourism partnerships announced
- 14:44 Having a hoot with new statues
- 14:44 Boxer helps spread word
- 14:44 Standing together in remembrance
- 14:44 Shock as education chief passes away
- 14:44 Tributes pour in for much-loved councillor
- 14:44 Pooch Jack gives the gift of life
- 14:44 The road to the future...
- 14:44 Passenger ‘attacked by man with machete following row at...