Rail passengers able to claim compensation for 15-minute delays under new plans
Rail passengers will be able to claim compensation when trains are more than 15 minutes late under new plans revealed by the Department for Transport (DfT).
The policy, Delay Repay 15, will be launched first on Southern trains, which have suffered months of disruption over disputes about the role of conductors.
It will then feature on other Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) services in the coming months before being rolled out across the country.
Existing compensation rules mean passengers can only claim pay outs when services are delayed by at least 30 minutes, but one railway regulator... read more
- 09:34 Labour fined £20,000 for the famous ‘EdStone’
- 09:33 Residents told covenant is just ‘folklore’
- 09:32 Scots tennis player Jamie Murray to receive OBE
- 09:32 Cumbria pylon plan sparks energetic debate
- 09:32 Jamie Murray to be awarded OBE for services to tennis and charity
- 09:32 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 09:31 Chelsea star reveals he's held crunch talks with Antonio Conte
- 09:30 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:29 300 seasonal jobs for Bathgate as Royal Mail opens parcel sort...
- 09:28 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pays big compliment to Jurgen...
- 09:28 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:28 City centre street closed after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 09:27 Motorcyclist died after crash on A38 slip road, despite public...
- 09:27 Inside Out to take closer look at NHS diabetes epidemic
- 09:26 Google Pixel vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Android phone 2016
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...