Rail passengers able to claim compensation for 15-minute delays under new plans
Rail passengers will be able to claim compensation when trains are more than 15 minutes late under new plans revealed by the Department for Transport (DfT).
The policy, Delay Repay 15, will be launched first on Southern trains, which have suffered months of disruption over disputes about the role of conductors.
It will then feature on other Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) services in the coming months before being rolled out across the country.
Existing compensation rules mean passengers can only claim pay outs when services are delayed by at least 30 minutes, but one railway regulator... read more
- 16:28 American Gods episode 4: Who is Emily Browning? Did YOU recognise...
- 16:27 Golfer meets medics who saved him after heart attack
- 16:27 PICTURE GALLERY: Corby schoolchildren take part in duathlon challenge
- 16:27 CCTV stills released after use of fake twenty pound notes in Ripon
- 16:27 Concert promoters reveal plans for Botanics event in Edinburgh
- 16:24 Grantham hustings at St Wulfram’s Church has been postponed for a week
- 16:24 Tell Dad just how much you care with a free Father’s Day message in...
- 16:24 Worksop police officers commended for their bravery
- 16:23 Nate Diaz fires more shots at the UFC: F**k a retreat!
- 16:22 Stacey Solomon takes karaoke to the next level with nationwide tour...
- 16:22 Vote for your favourite Wigan Curry House
- 16:20 We need private security to patrol lkeston, says Dukeries Club...
- 16:20 What the next Intu Derby restaurant should be - according to you
- 16:19 Warning over Blue Whale Challenge craze after 13-year-old dies
- 16:19 So THAT'S why there's a decibel sticker on your wheelie-bin
- 16:19 Decommissioned bedsits in Long Eaton to be converted into family homes
- 16:18 Sutton St James continues search for ‘village caretaker’
- 16:17 Germany must invest to keep up in electric cars - Merkel
- 16:17 Something massive is passing in front of that ‘alien...
- 16:17 Cars are no longer allowed to use Bank Junction during the day
- 16:17 An early look at Late May Bank Holiday weekend weather in the...
- 16:16 Who should I vote for?
- 16:16 Wall St. opens higher as oil prices, defense stocks rise
- 16:16 Billy Bush on Trump tape - didn't have 'strength' to change topic
- 16:16 Police probe alleged brawl at Carlisle cage fighting event
- 16:14 Global passport system outage in the UK causes CHAOS and huge...
- 16:14 Some Everton FC players will have a point to prove in pre-season
- 16:13 Melton pub celebrates top award
- 16:13 Melton businesses urged to paint the town red
- 16:13 "Chaos" as Kirklees Council contractor fails to put road closed...