Rail firm looking to recruit 78 people for £57,000 a year train driver roles
0 Have your say Virgin Trains East Coast needs nearly 80 more drivers to man its state-of-the-art new rolling stock.
Potential applicants must live within an hour of Doncaster - one of five main crew bases - or be willing to relocate in the firm’s first driver recruitment for 30 years.
The long-distance franchise, which runs services between London and Scotland via South Yorkshire on East Coast Main Line, is set to boost its roster once Azuma trains arrive in 2018.
The 78 new drivers will earn £57,000 once qualified.
The influx will increase VTEC’s driver numbers - currently 346 - by a... read more
- 04:19 Jayne Dowle: Why we’re failing to help pupils reach for the stars
- 04:18 Horse Racing Tips April 27: Beverley, Chelmsford City, Market...
- 04:15 Conor McGregor's manager reveals why Floyd Mayweather fight is...
- 04:08 Orgreave files: Government urged to consider release
- 04:04 Paraguay MPs reject amendment allowing president re-election
- 04:01 Hummus be joking! UK in meltdown over dip shortage
- 03:59 Derbyshire hoping to improve record against Durham
- 03:58 Digital ad spend jumps 22 percent to $72.5 billion in 2016: report
- 03:54 Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- 03:54 Chinese banks, brokers eye robo advice for edge on competition
- 03:50 Nikkei gives back some gains, BOJ awaited
- 03:45 Filming of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in JEOPARDY over...
- 03:36 Neil McNicholas: Calling the useless quangos to account
- 03:28 Hummus shortage leaves North East middle classes in dip disarray
- 03:25 Israel seeks U.S. backing to avert permanent Iran foothold in Syria
- 03:25 Brazil lawmakers pass labour bill in bittersweet victory for Temer
- 03:24 Ex-Rangers owner Sir David Murray says he had 'no relationship'...
- 03:21 South Korea raises 2017 export outlook, April shipments seen surging
- 03:14 Inquiry into renewable heat incentive scheme to convene
- 03:14 Abuse reports must be taken seriously, says charity after Alice...
- 03:14 Bradley Lowery returns to hospital as mother reveals his...
- 03:14 Court to consider Government's delay on revealing air pollution plan
- 03:02 'My vision is like looking through a straw'
- 03:02 At what age do you feel you have reached adulthood?
- 02:57 North Korea vows to ‘BREAK the Earth’ with ‘5 MILLION nuclear...
- 02:54 Does Le Pen have a chance of winning French presidency?
- 02:54 First Americans claim sparks controversy
- 02:43 U.S. urges Venezuela to release jailed Utah man on humanitarian...
- 02:43 Trump gives Pentagon power to reset Iraq, Syria troop limits
- 02:40 Venezuela to withdraw from OAS as deadly protests continue