Rail firm looking to recruit 78 people for £57,000 a year train driver roles
0 Have your say Virgin Trains East Coast needs nearly 80 more drivers to man its state-of-the-art new rolling stock.
Potential applicants must live within an hour of Doncaster - one of five main crew bases - or be willing to relocate in the firm’s first driver recruitment for 30 years.
The long-distance franchise, which runs services between London and Scotland via South Yorkshire on East Coast Main Line, is set to boost its roster once Azuma trains arrive in 2018.
The 78 new drivers will earn £57,000 once qualified.
The influx will increase VTEC’s driver numbers - currently 346 - by a... read more
- 16:48 Aston Martin accelerates to record profits as car sales surge and...
- 16:48 Sneak peak of The Lanterns at Chester Zoo ahead of opening night
- 16:48 Chancellor slammed by Argos boss for 'tinkering around the edges'...
- 16:48 Cumria pub burglar who left a fingerprint at crime scene jailed
- 16:48 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:48 Revealed: The so-called 'offensive material' a Liverpool FC had...
- 16:48 Rio Ferdinand blasts 'unprofessional' Manchester United FC display
- 16:47 UK workers facing no growth in earnings for the next 20 years
- 16:47 Apple slash iPhone X shipping dates down to one week
- 16:47 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:47 Garstang Theatre Group all set for pantomime season
- 16:46 Man, 33, dies following crash between five cars and HGV
- 16:45 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:45 Cancer patients forced to wait months extra for vital care
- 16:44 Paddington 2 rescued from Harvey Weinstein-founded studio
- 16:44 Shane Richie speaks out over future of EastEnders spin-off Redwater
- 16:44 Strictly Come Dancing vs The X Factor - who won this week's ratings?
- 16:44 EastEnders' Tamzin Outhwaite: I was shocked by gender pay gap
- 16:44 I'm A Celebrity: Amir Khan and Georgia Toffolo picked for first...
- 16:44 CCTV images released after SECOND Tamworth shop burglary
- 16:44 COLUMN: Girls will not always be girls
- 16:44 Morecambe Road School “a little island” surrounded by floodwater
- 16:43 Man Utd News: Stunning Griezmann claim, Rose swoop update, Mata...
- 16:43 Budget 2017: stamp duty tax cut ‘will drive up prices’
- 16:43 Cambridge University visit gives pupils taste of life on campus
- 16:43 Rob Holding and Nacho Monreal play NBA 2K18 in celebrity...
- 16:43 Travel agent celebrates 50 years of making dream holidays come true
- 16:43 Anthony Joshua wants Joseph Parker and his belt... if the Kiwi's...
- 16:42 Morecambe Road School “a little island” surrounded by floodwater
- 16:42 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho desperately needs to...