Rail firm looking to recruit 78 people for £57,000 a year train driver roles
0 Have your say Virgin Trains East Coast needs nearly 80 more drivers to man its state-of-the-art new rolling stock.
Potential applicants must live within an hour of Doncaster - one of five main crew bases - or be willing to relocate in the firm’s first driver recruitment for 30 years.
The long-distance franchise, which runs services between London and Scotland via South Yorkshire on East Coast Main Line, is set to boost its roster once Azuma trains arrive in 2018.
The 78 new drivers will earn £57,000 once qualified.
The influx will increase VTEC’s driver numbers - currently 346 - by a... read more
- 10:14 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:14 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:12 COURT REGISTER: Who’s been before the bench...
- 10:09 Dave Seddon’s PNE Press View: It’s Alan Browne or Ben Pearson for...
- 10:09 Avicii’s ex-girlfriend speaks out in wake of his death: ‘He was my...
- 10:09 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:08 Anderton Boat Lift holds first 10k trail race and fun run
- 10:07 Smallville actress Allison Mack arrested and charged with sex...
- 10:07 Last sighting of Avicii shows Levels DJ looking frail and tired...
- 10:05 The Down Memory Lane Column - 1995 in pictures
- 10:05 Councillors hold Pocela surgery
- 10:05 Dog tales earn pupils a pooch
- 10:05 Win tickets for Heather Small’s one night in Wakefield at Warehouse 23
- 10:02 SHAKESPEARE CELEBRATIONS SPECIAL BLOG
- 10:02 Pescod Square joins forces with Amazon
- 09:58 Queen’s Awards for nine elite firms
- 09:56 Pack away the barbecue - UK braced for snow and plunging...
- 09:56 Police on the look out after car crime increase in Highfield
- 09:56 Have you seen missing man William Hope?
- 09:56 Police search for missing man Anthony Dean
- 09:56 Two men charged after woman robbed at knifepoint in Kenilworth
- 09:55 Have you seen missing man William Hope?
- 09:52 Former Sunderland players get a scoop of the action at new ice...
- 09:52 Owners urged to watch their pets' weight as insurers refuse to pay...
- 09:51 Former star reveals behind the scenes issues that caused Arsene...
- 09:49 Stamford set to bloom thanks to clean up
- 09:47 Kerry Katona wants to send her ashes into space when she dies
- 09:47 Ripley girl selling precious toy to raise funds for air ambulance
- 09:46 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 09:44 Jazz festival returns to northern Lincolnshire