Rail delays: New plans to compensate passengers
Rail passengers will be able to claim compensation for delays of more than 15 minutes under new government plans.
They can currently only make claims when services are delayed by at least 30 minutes.
The Department for Transport said its new scheme will initially launch on Govia Thameslink Railway services in the next few months before being expanded on other networks.
Passenger and rail industry groups said they supported the plans.
The changes would also see compensation of 100% of the single fare ticket value for delays of between 60 and 119 minutes.
The new compensation thresholds 25%... read more
- 10:19 Chester knitters invited to get crafty for Age UK fundraising appeal
- 10:19 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:18 Real Madrid have launched 'Operation David de Gea’… so is this the...
- 10:18 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:18 Barcelona and Espanyol's derby showdown has more bad blood than...
- 10:18 Gillingham suspend striker Donnelly ahead of crucial Cobblers clash
- 10:17 Traffic and travel for Leicestershire - updates
- 10:17 Vaisakhi parade: Biggest Sikh event of the year to bring thousands...
- 10:17 Live updates as police 'incident' on Humber Bridge causes traffic...
- 10:16 Transfer News: Man United's £40m talks, Chelsea stars' meeting,...
- 10:16 May Day bank holiday misery for Furness train travellers this weekend
- 10:16 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:15 Notorious Afghan warlord calls for peace in first public speech
- 10:15 Tony Ferguson: Nate Diaz, you're f**king scared homie
- 10:15 Victims of sick surgeon who butchered women’s breasts to...
- 10:15 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 10:13 Is this the new Celtic top? Hoops fans LOVE potential home kit for...
- 10:11 Let’s be honest, bank holidays are actually really stressful
- 10:11 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:11 Volunteers who give their all to help the Burton community are...
- 10:11 Burton toy shop 'in a spin' over popular new craze fidget spinners...
- 10:09 Very successful sale reels in customers at Ryedale Auctioneers
- 10:09 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:09 North Koreans hoping to defect warned Kim Jong-un will make it even...
- 10:09 Wallasey Tunnel SHUT after "police incident" sparking traffic chaos
- 10:08 Founder of major Birmingham tourist attraction shocked by sudden...
- 10:06 Incredible Edible: Going ‘edimental’ along the canal
- 10:06 "Has there been a mistake?" Missing Corrie McKeague's mum fears...
- 10:06 YOUR VIEW: Letter was about representation in Lincoln
- 10:05 Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson miss cut in Zurich Classic of New...