Rafa Benitez: What I really think of Newcastle's defeat to Hull
Newcastle were knocked out of the EFL Cup quarter-finals as Hull won 3-1 on penalties after the tie finished 1-1 at the end of extra time.
Mo Diame scored Newcastle's opener at the KCOM Stadium in the first period of extra time but Robert Snodgrass equalised for the Tigers almost immediately.
And Benitez felt his side had been punished for failing to take their chances in normal time when they clearly held the upper hand.
The Magpies boss said: “You have to be disappointed. The way that we played we deserved to score goals in the first half and in extra time.
“Then when we did score the... read more
- 18:31 Champions League Final FREE LIVE STREAM - How to watch Liverpool vs...
- 18:30 Train somehow gets lost in Yorkshire on way to Reading
- 18:29 Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban
- 18:27 Ireland votes by landslide to legalise abortion
- 18:27 Romanised causes 25-1 shock in Irish 2,000 Guineas at Curragh
- 18:25 History made as Ireland votes to legalise abortion in...
- 18:22 Liverpool News: £96m La Liga raid eyed, Fekir deal ‘likely’, Reds...
- 18:21 Why Liverpool won’t be wearing their new kit against Real Madrid in...
- 18:17 Big Bang comp challenges pupils from West Cumbrian schools
- 18:17 Cash boost and award for Whitehaven organisation
- 18:17 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 18:15 Champions League final: Liverpool fitness concern over Salah and...
- 18:15 Zero Degrees Festival in Louth will be bigger and better this year
- 18:10 Champions League final: Liverpool legend Graeme Souness SLAMS...
- 18:04 Harvey Weinstein: What next after first charges filed
- 18:02 Parents cry for joy as they find missing son after 24 years
- 18:00 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:59 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:58 NHS accolade for popular Wigan heart doctor
- 17:55 ‘Nightmare’ on Boston Road is worse than ever
- 17:53 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:52 Champions League final: Why Tottenham prove Liverpool can beat Real...
- 17:52 Schoolgirl, 13, vanished on EuroTunnel train to France ‘with...
- 17:51 Abortion referendum likely to put pressure on Northern Ireland...
- 17:52 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week
- 17:51 Alastair Campbell: Labour under Corbyn 'does my head in'
- 17:47 Arsenal star Jack Wilshere wants rivals Liverpool to beat Real Madrid
- 17:46 And it all began on just £150 ... Alford egg firm becomes largest...
- 17:45 Migrant crisis: Smugglers 'shot escaping migrants' in Libya
- 17:39 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week