RAF Metheringham bomber heroes finally laid to rest
The crew of a Lancaster bomber who vanished when returning from a night raid in the Second World war have finally been laid to rest.
A memorial has been erected in Germany to honour the brave men who paid the ultimate price while fighting for their country.
Relatives of the men have finally solved the mystery of what happened to the ill-fated bomber on October 6, 1944.
READ MORE: ''Ton-up Lancasters' survived a battering and even a mid air collision'
It was previously thought that the eight men on-board perished in the north sea, but it has now transpired that they crashed into a German... read more
- 15:11 Wayne Rooney: With Manchester United captain considering move away,...
- 15:11 Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino works out alongside his wife...
- 15:11 Calls for Sikh temple bosses to quit after legal battle with...
- 15:11 Chipperfield Circus tiger star dies two years after retirement
- 15:11 South Yorkshire primary school pupils to sit times tables check
- 15:11 WTO's new global trade deal comes into force
- 15:10 Amber Tamblyn and David Cross troll Hollywood with the most...
- 15:10 'They took my legs': Disabled man says losing his mobility car left...
- 15:10 Where do the most wheelie bin fires happen in Nottinghamshire?
- 15:09 Liverpool ace set to sign new bumper deal: Huge boost for Jurgen Klopp
- 15:09 Liverpool deal imminent, striker arrives at Manchester United,...
- 15:09 Rutherford name for cancer centre under construction in Northumberland
- 15:09 What EXACTLY did the Spice Girls mean when they sang...
- 15:09 WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow forecast for parts of Northumberland
- 15:09 APPEAL: Murderers of Maltby pensioner, 80, are still at large
- 15:09 Mum spent 40 years searching for baby's grave - and found she was...
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off