Race challenge in memory of brave nurse Lisa
A dad-of-three who took up running to help him cope during his beloved wife’s illness has taken on a 13-mile challenge in her memory.
And his brother has also showed his support for the hospice which cared for her, by launching an ‘Epic Adventure’.
Ben and Matthew Gilkes have undertaken two challenges in memory of Ben’s wife Lisa, who lost her battle with a rare and aggressive form of cancer in April 2015, aged 36.
She was admitted to St Catherine’s Hospice and as a nurse herself, Lisa was extremely thankful for the wonderful care she received during her final three months.
Ben made a... read more
- 10:21 Firefighters wash up £500
- 10:21 Man charged over death of little Violet Grace-Youens to appear in...
- 10:21 The 10 Premier League bosses to win the most points over the past...
- 10:21 Sex offender didn't want police to disturb his bereaved family
- 10:21 Stroll With Stu: Reunion a great way to end walk to village pub
- 10:21 Telford A&E could close overnight
- 10:20 Weak sterling supports UK's FTSE ahead of Brexit trigger, mid caps...
- 10:20 Muslim groups plan march against Jakarta's Christian governor
- 10:20 Iraqi forces battle towards landmark Mosul mosque
- 10:20 Duggan family lose inquest appeal
- 10:19 EU antitrust regulators block Deutsche Boerse, LSE merger
- 10:19 Why Pets at Home are set to stop selling rabbits over Easter
- 10:19 Mirko Cro Cop wants retirement fight with fellow legend...
- 10:18 Paul Weller EXCLUSIVE: ‘Magical moment’ music icon records NEW song...
- 10:18 Sir Elton John preparing animated Joseph And The Amazing...
- 10:18 Johnathan Rayfield attacked a Batley shop assistant as he stole a...
- 10:18 Leonardo DiCaprio pays tribute to ‘best acting mum’ after death of...
- 10:18 Book review: Irresistible: Why we can’t stop checking, scrolling,...
- 10:18 Disgraced hospital consultant who ripped off NHS gets unpaid work
- 10:18 Bool review: Birdcage Walk, by Helen Dunmore
- 10:18 7 great family days out in Scotland
- 10:17 Halifax MP Holly Lynch warns prison officers face huge risk of...
- 10:17 Crash on busy Scarborough road
- 10:17 Gunnar Nelson reveals who he wants to fight after emphatic Alan...
- 10:16 Troon FC swoop for former Ayr United and Hearts star Ryan Stevenson
- 10:16 Murder suspect in police custody over stabbing in Sheffield
- 10:16 Circa Waves at Nottingham's Rock City - Review
- 10:15 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:15 Staffordshire bull terrier owner dies after own dog attacks
- 10:14 Big Interview: The man who runs a £4.9 billion a year business