RAC calls for government action on insurance scams
The government must follow through and clarify on previously announced plans to clamp down on fraudulent whiplash insurance claims, says the RAC.
Former chancellor George Osborne proposed a series of reforms to tackle illegal claims and bolster regulations aimed at protecting law-abiding drivers in the last Autumn Statement.
He suggested that a consultation would be published this summer, but a year on there has been no progress.
High insurance premiums are a major concern for drivers, according to the RAC’s latest Report on Motoring: indeed, they have now become the leading cost concern... read more
- 10:38 People are loving the story of 60-year-old Sue’s first ever...
- 10:38 Traffic warning due to A5 closure after lorry blaze
- 10:36 Defibrillator stolen from Market Drayton Football Club
- 10:34 Shop open for business after cash machine ripped from wall
- 10:34 Coyle pleased with Rovers’ good form
- 10:33 Firefighters battle car blaze as police launch investigation
- 10:33 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:33 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:29 Hark the herald - it’s time for Carols by Candlelight
- 10:28 Lincoln City to face Nantwich Town in FA Trophy first round
- 10:26 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:24 First drive: 2017 Nissan X-Trail
- 10:23 Suspected car bomb kills two policemen at checkpoint near Somali...
- 10:21 Boots For Buddies appeal will ensure football is open to everyone
- 10:19 Red Dog Saloon given ONE star food hygiene rating
- 10:19 West Bridgford Dramatic Society's A Christmas Carol: Review
- 10:19 Celebrations as Ethel turns 103 today
- 10:18 ‘Large number’ affected by burst water main in Boston area
- 10:15 Marco Verratti believes Real Madrid and Barcelona would struggle in...
- 10:15 Hundreds of fish found dead at Sunderland lake which suffered...
- 10:15 Sunderland Echo poll shows u-turn on Brexit
- 10:14 Readers call for concert venue or swimming pool to be built at...
- 10:13 U.S. boosts Syria anti-IS forces, urges Gulf military self-reliance
- 10:12 Blind man ‘robbed of £450 after man snatches bank card at busy...
- 10:11 Recruitment firm gets neighbourly support
- 10:07 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:07 Proposals for up to 70 new houses in Asfordby refused by Melton...
- 10:06 Beauty therapist wins £18k after unfair dismissal from Carlisle...
- 10:06 Keep your birds indoors plea to backyard poultry keepers as bird...
- 10:06 Sheffield United have spent half a decade wallowing in League One...