Question Time cut short as woman falls ill
The BBC's Question Time was cut short on Thursday when an audience member was taken ill during the recording.
The BBC One show, from Colchester town hall, in Essex, was suspended while the woman was given first aid.
Host David Dimbleby said later they had to end the recording as the woman "could not be safely moved".
The hour-long programme, featuring Conservative Greg Clark, Labour's Diane Abbott and others was about 40 minutes in when it was halted.
The panel had already been asked "what is the point of capitalism?" and whether the Budget could fix the broken housing... read more
- 07:25 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 07:25 Liam Boyce's return to Northern Ireland squad is a 'great boost'...
- 07:24 Pothole repair
- 07:24 Thirst for justice that cannot be ignored
- 07:23 Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Italy keeper Gianluigi Buffon...
- 07:23 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 07:23 Big issues top agenda at Civic Hall
- 07:23 The rebel bank, printing its own notes and buying back people's debts
- 07:22 Easter events and activities which are sure to egg-cite the whole...
- 07:22 Nominate your community hero for award
- 07:22 Guest column: Nominate your local heroes
- 07:21 One win is only the start for Hartlepool United - Matthew Bates
- 07:21 Liverpool and Arsenal on red alert after transfer target's future...
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners eye replacement for Petr Cech
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners want Manchester United star
- 07:20 New book honours the ‘forgotten’ female workers in Sunderland’s...
- 07:20 EU leaders say ‘highly likely’ Russia carried out nerve agent attack
- 07:20 Man Utd target Toby Alderweireld 'annoyed' at Tottenham over...
- 07:18 Sing the blues away - choir is ‘good for your health’
- 07:15 Friday briefing: Break this Brexit cycle, says Labour frontbencher
- 07:15 Lignite mining: Greece’s dirty secret - in pictures
- 07:14 Man shares strange sign of a deadly infection triggered by a trip...
- 07:14 Yulia Skripal ‘briefly wakes up’ as medics fear she and ex-spy...
- 07:14 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:12 Bad lifestyles are to blame for 2,500 cancer cases a week as...
- 07:12 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd stars dislike ‘sulky’ forward - players...
- 07:12 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata SLAMMED in debut season: I was wrong -...
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...
- 07:10 India renews Mohammad Shami cricket contract after violence charge
- 07:09 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery