Question marks over future of Derby hostel which homes alcoholics and homeless
Question marks hang over the future of a hostel which provides help for alcoholics and homeless people in the city.
Centenary House is currently in “negotiation” on its funding and future direction.
Local businesses feel the centre, in Mount Street, Normanton, which has 32 rooms, is partly to blame for street drinking in the city centre - a problem which police say they are treating as a priority.
Robert Smith, who owns Mill Hill Corner, a furniture store at the top of Normanton Road, said that, if the centre were to close, it would put more drinkers on the streets.
Mr Smith said: “If the... read more
- 14:08 Sebastian Vettel reveals Ferrari expectations ahead of Australian...
- 14:08 Gareth Southgate hails Liverpool and Tottenham duo after Germany...
- 14:08 THIS is as crucial as BLOOD pressure for heart health - but do YOU...
- 14:08 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:07 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 14:07 A DRIVING FORCE: On the road with patient transport volunteer - VIDEO
- 14:07 Man found dead in Wetherpoon toilets by cleaner next day
- 14:06 YP Letters: Why shale gas could transform rural life for the better
- 14:07 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:06 YP Letters: High-speed train proves a brain drain
- 14:06 YP Letters: Computers get in way between GP and patient
- 14:06 Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon still available for selection...
- 14:06 Erdogan says Bulgaria's pressure on Turks "unacceptable"
- 14:06 Cheers from wedding guests after door dilemma makes Emily and...
- 14:05 Second Birmingham flat raided over London terror attack
- 14:05 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 14:05 Time to reward our dedicated volunteers
- 14:05 Everton transfer target admits he fancies move to big club
- 14:04 Peter is Spalding’s Cake King for World Autism Awareness Week
- 14:04 Dogs rescued after house fire
- 14:04 Fancy getting a fossil named after you like David Attenborough?...
- 14:04 Westminster Bridge re-opens less than 24 hours after terror attack
- 14:04 Woman calls out man who suggests her breastfeeding is ‘too far’...
- 14:03 Mosque leaders condemn “vile” terror attack
- 14:02 Schools are ‘betrayed’ as budgets cut
- 14:02 Increased police patrols planned for town centre
- 14:02 U.S. investment banks scout Frankfurt office space market - Helaba
- 14:02 Britain's financial watchdog revisits Barclays' Qatari cashcall probe
- 14:01 Sewol ferry on which 304 died raised from murky depths
- 14:01 BREAKING: Man tries to ram crowd on street in Antwerp, Belgium,...