Quarter of Scots parents miss putting their children to bed
A quarter of parents in Scotland miss out on putting their children to bed due to work pressures, according to a new survey.
The poll showed working parents across the country struggle to balance work and home life, with only 12 per cent saying they felt the balance was “just right”.
The Mindovers survey of 600 Scots found 26 per cent of respondents said work interfered with their ability to put their children to bed often or all the time.
The survey showed four in ten working parents would work more flexible hours if possible while 31 per cent would like to go home on time more often and... read more
- 14:07 Burton's 'Golden Oldies' travelled to London to wow Westminster
- 14:07 Man United Transfer News: Midfielder eyed, winger update, Everton...
- 14:07 Charlie Nicholas: Why Chelsea will lose their advantage over Arsenal
- 14:06 Inquiry after firearm found on Aberdeen university campus
- 14:06 Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- 14:05 New owner for Cumbrian cinema
- 14:04 Philippines police are killing 97% of drug suspects they shoot in...
- 14:04 Manchester United scout Ramon Carvalho ahead of potential transfer
- 14:04 Melton Festival of Cribs was “another amazing spectacle”
- 14:04 There’s a pharaoh chill in the theatre - but panto bosses vow the...
- 14:03 Oil firm Statoil makes first investment in solar tech
- 14:03 Asda strikes festive deal with Scots snack maker
- 14:02 Full face glitter is one beauty trend we won’t be trying
- 14:02 The idiot's guide to spread betting
- 14:01 Online bookings come to The Pods
- 14:01 Game of Thrones and Porridge star Peter Vaughan dies aged 93
- 14:01 Let us know your thoughts in our Christmas tree poll - star or...
- 14:00 Share your Christmas lights pictures with us
- 14:00 Woman raped 43,000 times now travels world helping victims of...
- 14:00 Cleator Moor man charged with arson
- 13:59 Seat unveils the Leon Cupra 300 - its most powerful car yet
- 13:58 Merkel to seek new term amid asylum row
- 13:58 'We want Freeport Talke to stay open - and Primark and New Look to...
- 13:56 Lancaster’s 650 space Park and Ride to open this week
- 13:55 Apparently exercise may be the key to having better sperm
- 13:54 Jamie Redknapp: Why this Chelsea star does not fit into Antonio...
- 13:53 Church of England to close Surrey care home due to lack of staff
- 13:52 Woman in 'life-threatening' condition after crash
- 13:52 Cumbrian soldiers will spend Christmas in Iraq
- 13:49 Adele and Beyonce lead Grammy nominations