'Quality of life' and pets behind London to Birmingham moves
Last year more people leaving London moved to Birmingham than any other UK city.
More than 6,000 people moved from the capital to Birmingham in 2015 with reasons such as the cost of housing being behind the trip up the M40.
Four people who have made the same move over the years tell us why they did it.
Caroline Smyth, 32, moved to Birmingham in 2014 Caroline works in advertising and lived in London for four years before moving to Birmingham.
"I am from Warwickshire originally, so knew the old Birmingham before all the developments, but in recent years it feels like a totally different... read more
- 09:54 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:53 Egyptian Premier League moves fixtures so nation can watch Mohamed...
- 09:53 House extension destroyed in blaze
- 09:53 Investigation to begin today into cause of Peckleton explosion
- 09:53 Chris Coleman still in the dark but desperate to be big part of...
- 09:51 PREMIER LEAGUE & FA CUP PREVIEW: Heavyweight tie as Man Utd face...
- 09:51 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:50 Closure of Denstone Stores prompts concern older villagers could...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle digger blaze in South Cumbria
- 09:49 Mum who gave birth at Northampton General Hospital names baby after...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle house fire on the Fairmead Estate in Melton
- 09:48 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:48 ‘The Sagas of Noggin the Nog’ comes to Great Carlton
- 09:48 Update: Collision involving ‘bus and tractor’ on the A16 at Grainsby
- 09:46 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:45 Knife crime rises in Northumbria
- 09:44 New spring food festival arrives in Banbury this weekend
- 09:44 Barclays boss used bank's security team to hunt for whistleblower
- 09:43 Sunderland youngsters could be offered new deals as Chris Coleman...
- 09:43 Car fire spreads to three other vehicles during early morning blaze
- 09:43 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:42 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:41 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:40 Man, 70, remains in hospital after Fleetwood crash
- 09:40 Shop explosion father speaks of feeling 'powerless' at seeing the...
- 09:39 Best places to buy a hot tub for summer 2018 including Aldi, Asda,...
- 09:39 Jeetan Patel delighted by new recruit's excitement to be playing...
- 09:39 This horrifying Snapchat feature could put kids at risk of paedophiles
- 09:39 Crazed Man United fan butchers cheating wife with samurai sword...