Quad bikes stolen from Northumberland farm found within hours thanks to tracking device
A quad bike theft was foiled when the owner turned on a tracking device.
The bikes were recovered within hours after a tracking device fitted to the rear led police officers to their location.
The two bikes were reported stolen after a burglary at a farm in Chathill, Northumberland , between 7.30pm on Friday and 7am on Saturday.
Thieves are believed to have forced their way into a shed and stole the two Honda Quads before leaving unseen. The owner reported the theft to police and the tracker device was then activated.
A few hours later one quad was recovered at just after 1pm near the lake... read more
- 07:50 Is Kodi illegal? A judge has had the final say on fully-loaded boxes
- 07:49 Woman, 35, arrested over murder of daughter, 3, is ‘science teacher’
- 07:48 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:47 Suicidal thoughts on rise amongst children
- 07:44 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:44 Property Insider: Homes you can buy for £50,000 or less
- 07:42 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:41 Rafa Benitez explains why he left out Newcastle’s Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 07:40 Crime round-up from towns and villages in North Lincolnshire
- 07:40 First Class 2017: See pictures of new starters at schools across...
- 07:40 Six of the most haunted places in North Lincolnshire
- 07:39 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:38 Banbury woman crashes past haters with song recorded by famous...
- 07:36 14 of the best places to get a Sunday roast in Gwynedd
- 07:36 13 of the most haunted hotels in North Wales you can stay the night
- 07:36 Here's how to get tickets for The Killers extra UK arena tour date
- 07:36 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:35 Harrogate Advertiser archives: 10, 20 and 30 years ago this week
- 07:34 Man handed suspended jail term after telling relative 'no college,...
- 07:32 WEEKEND WEB: Lincolnshire Free Press letters...
- 07:31 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:31 Explosives experts called to Sellafield
- 07:25 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:24 MotoGP star Valentino Rossi discusses poor Phillip Island session:...
- 07:24 Mesut Ozil angry at speculation surrounding Arsenal future and...
- 07:23 Worksop chef’s catering firm derailed after boozy collision
- 07:21 Birdwatch: Unmistakable notes of a wintering warbler
- 07:18 North Korea’s battle plan: How Kim could HACK Trump’s defence ships...
- 07:15 New iPhone scam which gives hackers easy access to your details
- 07:13 Manchester United player Eric Bailly return date confirmed