Qatar Air orders up to 100 Boeing jets worth as much as $18.6 billion
Gulf carrier Qatar Airways ordered 40 Boeing Co (BA.N) widebody jets valued at $11.7 billion and signed a letter of intent for up to 60 narrowbody 737 MAX 8 jets worth $6.9 billion, Boeing and the airline said on Friday.
The agreement for up to 100 jetliners potentially worth $18.6 billion helps fill out Boeing's order book in a year when sales have slowed sharply, and amid tough price competition with European rival Airbus (AIR.PA).
The deal marked a key commitment by Qatar Airways to Boeing's new 737 MAX jetliner, after it refused to accept three of Airbus' competing A320 aircraft earlier... read more
- 12:16 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:16 Surcharge plan on parking permits for diesel cars in Edinburgh
- 12:15 Ashbourne's free fireworks display set to wow the town
- 12:15 Man Utd news: Silvestre explains why Arsenal's Ozil wouldn’t last...
- 12:14 Demolition work to go-ahead for new 102 bed care home in heart of...
- 12:14 Clean up operation continues after Calderdale homes damaged by floods
- 12:13 Legal Eagle: Being drunk in a pub is illegal
- 12:13 School life: Multilingual fun or diversión multilingüe at Rastrick...
- 12:13 How a stranger in Liverpool helped save Clark Carlisle's life
- 12:13 Hurricane Ophelia washes a sea turtle onto Welsh shore
- 12:13 Demolition work to go-ahead for new 102 bed care home in heart of...
- 12:13 PICTURES: 31 stone Sheffield man to star in new TV show filmed at...
- 12:12 Ryanair cabin bag policy: New FEE delayed until January 2018
- 12:11 Kenilworth cruise to Old Silhillians win
- 12:11 Slideshow: Crowds enjoy 779th annual Corby Glen sheep fair and auction
- 12:10 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha slated by Kris Boyd ahead of Kilmarnock...
- 12:09 Real Madrid on FIFA 18: How every player looks, highest rated stars...
- 12:09 Arriva bus strike should be called off say business leaders
- 12:09 Ryanair delays launch of new cabin bag allowance until 2018 -...
- 12:08 When is the League Cup final 2017/2018 and what is the prize money?
- 12:08 Speed cameras have forced motorists to slow down - Crime Commissioner
- 12:08 New flights from Birmingham to Canada to launch next year
- 12:07 Teenage boy punched in face in vicious robbery attack
- 12:06 Balearic Island officials make U-turn over £90million tourist tax...
- 12:06 Your chance to (sort of) own a Lowry: Semi where 'matchstick men'...
- 12:06 Holidaymakers slam Thomson over 'cold, inedible' food served in a...
- 12:05 Reports from the courts – Who has been up before the magistrates...
- 12:05 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:05 Strong support for multi-million pound retail plans in Bolsover
- 12:05 Changes to bus stops area and road layouts