Pure white squirrels delight householders
A grey squirrel – or even a red – scampering around the garden is an familiar sight for many Scots.
But now some householders have been given an extremely rare treat after the arrival of not just one but an entire family of pure white squirrels.
According to wildlife experts the odds against a pure white squirrel being born are just one in 100,000.
With a squirrel population of more than 2.5 million in the UK, that suggests there may be only around 25 white ones around. So residents in Edinburgh’s Barnton area were surprised to see four rummaging for food and chasing each other in their... read more
- 18:55 Sir Ken Dodd's family ask fans to line streets for funeral
- 18:55 Coronation Street: Plans for weekend set tours revealed
- 18:55 The Greatest Showman soundtrack equals Adele's UK chart run
- 18:55 Banned pesticide found at Highlands walking area after dog death
- 18:55 Former Blockbuster owner Wayne Huizenga dies at 80
- 18:54 Why always him? Wolves 'genuine contenders' to sign Mario Balotelli
- 18:53 The Spice Girls set to voice animated superhero movie
- 18:52 Sick Doncaster fraudster claimed 'toys were bought for my dead child'
- 18:51 Water park boss charged after boy, 10, decapitated while riding...
- 18:51 Nerve agent was used in 1995 murder, claims former Soviet scientist
- 18:51 Massive abscess oozes pus as soon as doctor touches it
- 18:51 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:50 Universities offer to maintain pension benefits while peace talks...
- 18:48 So Festival ‘snub’ for inland communities
- 18:48 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:48 Tallington Lakes is the place to go for skiing practice
- 18:45 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:43 Sheffield GPs launch fresh crackdown on people missing doctors...
- 18:42 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for new EU referendum
- 18:42 Raising funds for curlew campaign
- 18:42 Owen Smith sacked from Corbyn’s shadow cabinet after Brexit call
- 18:42 Sleepy world of retail mattress sales gets rude awakening
- 18:40 MP Dan Jarvis to stand for Sheffield City Region mayor
- 18:40 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:40 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Labour frontbencher over referendum call
- 18:39 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Saturday, March 24,...
- 18:38 Peggy Walford obituary
- 18:38 Two mums on cocaine rammed car into pedestrians and hit them...
- 18:37 Man appears in court over death of former Taggart star John...
- 18:37 Catalan leaders charged with rebellion by Spanish court after...