Pupils inspired by Paralympian and Invictus hero
Great Britain wheelchair rugby star Stuart Robinson visited South Walney Junior School this week to work with the youngsters.
The former RAF Corporal represented Paralympics GB in the wheelchair rugby at the Rio 2016 Paralympics.
The sporting hero also won a gold medal at Prince Harry's first Invictus Games, in London, in 2014.
The former serviceman had to have both his legs amputated after driving over an IED in Afghanistan in 2013.
Mr Robinson used sport to help aid the recovery from his life-changing injuries.
The sporting star shared his story with the pupils during assembly and he... read more
- 13:40 Macron's toughest test yet: French President attempts to win over...
- 13:39 A burglar stole money to buy drugs to end his life
- 13:39 New photo released in search for Nikki Webster
- 13:39 Month old egg sandwich lands trader in hot water
- 13:38 Fernando Llorente reveals phone call with Antonio Conte about...
- 13:38 Henrikh Mkhitaryan's acrobatic Europa League finish: A bird's eye...
- 13:38 Scottish peatland restoration wins £26,000 funding boost
- 13:38 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Manchester United think they know his...
- 13:38 Garry Monk RESIGNS as Leeds boss: Club issue statement saying they...
- 13:37 TV weatherman Fred Talbot found guilty of sexually abusing schoolboys
- 13:37 Kodi users warned they are at risk of hacking - and here's why
- 13:37 Listed: The key points in the Ukip manifesto
- 13:37 Gone Girl’s shocking sex scene: Star reveals secrets of ‘weird’...
- 13:36 Ukip calls for full face cover ban (except for beekeepers)
- 13:36 First aider describes comforting youngest victim of Manchester bombing
- 13:36 Birmingham City offer veteran defender new contract
- 13:36 Sunny: It's really nice to have a 'c Bell b Singh' in the book!
- 13:36 Aston Villa transfers: Every single Championship free agent Steve...
- 13:35 Listed: The key points in the Ukip manifesto
- 13:35 Election campaigning to resume on Friday
- 13:35 Looking for somewhere to go this weekend? Guess where has the most...
- 13:35 Manchester United should have Europa League parade to honour terror...
- 13:34 WATCH: Kell Brook pays moving tribute to Manchester terror attack...
- 13:34 TV weatherman Fred Talbot found guilty of sexually abusing schoolboys
- 13:34 A burglar stole money to buy drugs to end his life
- 13:33 Mother pays tribute to 'angels' after daughter and partner are...
- 13:33 Tribute to loving wife and mother Michelle Kiss whose family...
- 13:32 Mum of Leeds student killed in terror attack: 'You made me so proud...
- 13:32 Man accused of strangling new mum pleads not guilty
- 13:31 TV weatherman Fred Talbot found guilty of sexually abusing schoolboys