Pupil who never missed a day of school now really, really regrets it
A pupil who never missed a day of school has ended up bitterly regretting his actions – after he was awarded a pen for his efforts.
Sam, Stannard, 16, never missed a lesson for five years and even sacrificed family holidays and battled through colds to maintain his perfect record.
Despite being entered into a prize draw each year for students who achieved a 100 per cent attendance, Sam never won the coveted prize – an Apple iPad.
Now Sam admits he regrets missing out on skiing trips with his family after his school gave him a certificate and fountain pen to mark his achievement.
MORE:... read more
- 12:06 Cop saves pal’s life three times
- 12:06 Bridges Not Walls Trump protest fails to gather momentum in...
- 12:05 ‘Missed opportunities’ to save Poppy from her ‘blighted’ life
- 12:05 Tamworth FC sell Greg Mills to Nuneaton Town as Morrell eyes double...
- 12:05 Dordon singer rubs shoulders with X Factor finalist Saara Alto
- 12:05 Atherstone factory finally set for redevelopment after plans agreed
- 12:05 Paris police search for man on Metro stabbing spree
- 12:05 Finally! Redheads may be getting their own emoji after an...
- 12:05 NHS transformation plans are beset by infighting
- 12:05 Return to Perth for star striker Stevie May is unlikely says Tommy...
- 12:05 EXCLUSIVE: Luke Rockhold to undergo stem cell treatment on injured...
- 12:05 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 12:05 Nominations open for the Citizenship Awards for Todmorden 2017
- 12:04 Brother and sister pass driving tests at same time on same day
- 12:04 Do you have dashcam footage of M1 crash?
- 12:04 Friends join forces to cash in on the trend for vintage
- 12:04 ScotRail managing director Phil Verster steps down
- 12:03 Church fracking claim sparks online war
- 12:03 Your chance to see Wicked within 45 minutes from Coventry...
- 12:03 Steven Todd: How will Brexit affect construction?
- 12:03 Why Tottenham could crush Manchester City this weekend
- 12:03 Under fire ScotRail chief Phil Verster quits
- 12:02 Targeting hare coursers in Crowland and Deeping St James
- 12:02 Christine joins council shared management teams
- 12:02 Brutal Derby attacker Christopher Magee sentenced today - live updates
- 12:01 Everton Expected XI: Tom Davies to start in 3-5-2 to face Crystal...
- 12:01 Northampton fourth in UK for highest number of bus passengers, says...
- 12:01 Life in Kathmandu was a world away from the UK
- 12:01 BREAKING NEWS: Three 14-year-old boys arrested over stabbings in...
- 12:00 The Obamas prepare to leave the White House for the final time...