Public react in horror after schoolboy has bleach poured in his eyes
There have been calls for bullies who held down a schoolboy and poured bleach in his eyes to face the courts.
The 11-year-old Great Barr School pupil was hospitalised after he had the corrosive chemical poured into his eyes as he walked home on Birdbrook Road, around 3.50pm on September 22.
Doctors said the victim would most likely have lost part of his sight if it wasn’t for the glasses he was wearing. He has not returned since the incident.
The barbaric attack has shocked a nation and led to calls for the perpetrators, who also attend Great Barr School and are currently suspended, to be... read more
- 08:38 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:38 Cillian Murphy 'nicked' film director's crew for Peaky Blinders
- 08:38 Victim offers reward for recovery of stolen car
- 08:38 Birmingham hotter than Rome as hot air from Caribbean sweeps in
- 08:38 Sheffield shooting latest - what we know so far
- 08:38 Birmingham City Hall of Famer Roger Hynd passes away aged 75
- 08:37 Buying a property is still cheaper than renting but at £705 a month...
- 08:37 Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi: 'Luke wants Rey to kill Kylo Ren' in...
- 08:37 UK builder Bovis posts profit fall, to build fewer homes
- 08:36 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:36 Killers caught on CCTV strolling into McDonald's after stripping...
- 08:36 Horror as dad and son are killed in head-on crash with EACH OTHER
- 08:35 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:35 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:35 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:34 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling to FALL further against EUR...
- 08:34 Helen Skelton takes top role on daytime TV
- 08:33 How fabric made from the same material as Coca-Cola bottles can fix...
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: Victoria happy she swapped saddles (and so is her man)
- 08:33 NHS 'underestimates sepsis cases by 70 per cent': Silent killer...
- 08:33 For your fertility's sake, keep just five close friends! Close knit...
- 08:32 Special school launches fundraising for therapy room
- 08:32 Quit smoking or lose your leg, grandad told
- 08:32 Cyclist dies after collision in Sunderland
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength
- 08:32 Scooter riding teenager dies in collision
- 08:31 Councillors want to find out more before deciding whether to back...