Public outraged at 'disgusting' sentence for Derbyshire pervert Richard Arrowsmith
Members of the public have expressed their outrage that a man found to have thousands of indecent images and videos of children avoided jail after he told a judge he wanted to start a family.
Richard Arrowsmith, 41, was sentenced at Derby Crown Court on Wednesday, to 10 months imprisonment, suspended for two years.
Sentencing Arrowsmith, Recorder Martin Butterworth, said: "You are 41 years old, with no previous convictions and you pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity. There are three charges against you in relation to the possession of indecent images of children. I am taking... read more
- 14:00 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 14:00 Charity cyclist to set off at border
- 14:00 Should cobbles make a return to town centre?
- 14:00 Woman found after police appeal
- 14:00 RSPB: Frogs and toads are disappearing from Cumbrian gardens
- 14:00 Mesh bags are a thing this summer so our wallets can rejoice
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears
- 13:53 What to expect when Donald Trump visits the UK
- 13:52 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:51 Callous looters raid fire-damaged Campus bar shut after Glasgow...
- 13:51 Remember Ulises de la Cruz? The former Aston Villa star's career...
- 13:51 Giant gantry to be lifted into place over M6 in Cheshire as part of...
- 13:51 Some Championship clubs will be hit by a transfer embargo, warns boss
- 13:51 Almost 40 firefighters tackle massive West Bromwich factory blaze
- 13:51 Birkir Bjarnason - one for the Aston Villa sale list or one to...
- 13:51 Angry Carlisle man took revenge on neighbour - by throwing lit...
- 13:51 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 13:51 Rocketing demand for data science skills by students and firms