Public and butchers urged to be vigilant over theft of contaminated meat
Police and the farmers' union are asking the public and butchers to be vigilant after the theft of contaminated meat on the Leicestershire and Rutland border.
Five sheep have been stolen on two separate occasions from land near Cottingham, in Northamptonshire.
Police say five of the animals have turned up having been killed and skinned, making it claer they were killed for their meat.
The day before the sheep were stolen they were given Noromectin, a drug used to treat worms in sheep.
The safety advice is the sheep must not be slaughtered for human consumption until 42 days after the last... read more
- 13:00 Theresa May ‘must get Trump to reverse media ban’
- 12:59 Peep show! Ariel Winter puts her cleavage on display in plunging...
- 12:59 'You were b****y brilliant!': Scarlett Moffatt leaves viewers 'in...
- 12:59 Lily Collins cuts a sophisticated figure in an off-the-shoulder top...
- 12:59 Swindon Town captain burgled while leading side to Coventry City win
- 12:58 Pope Francis reversed decisions to kick paedophiles out of...
- 12:57 North Shields mum accused of bringing drugs into HMP Northumberland...
- 12:56 Manchester United vs Southampton LIVE score and goal updates from...
- 12:56 Arsenal and Man City target will cost £59m: Real Madrid and...
- 12:56 Video of Yakubu doing absolutely nothing for two-and-a-half minutes...
- 12:56 West Ham hopeful Andy Carroll will be fit for Chelsea clash in...
- 12:56 Jurgen Klopp hails Adam Lallana's growing influence after Liverpool...
- 12:55 Council wants partner to build new driving range in Bulwell
- 12:55 Villagers struggling to cope around railway station with no car park
- 12:55 Birmingham City: Paul Caddis has found himself a new club
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...