Pub that was scene of unsolved 'Pretty Windows murder' to reopen
A derelict pub that was the scene of a landlord's unsolved murder could reopen as its new owner gives it a revamp.
The Peggers Inn, next to Sneinton Market, has been taken over by property firm Carlton Street Trading and is currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment.
Previously known as the Fox and Grapes, landlord George Wilson was stabbed 14 times outside the pub on September 8, 1963.
It quickly became known as the "Pretty Windows murder", due to the intricate design of the pub's windows, and sparked the biggest manhunt seen in Nottinghamshire.
The 184-year-old pub changed... read more
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United
- 19:00 When does the minimum wage go up 2018?
- 18:57 Michael Vaughan slams Steve Smith after Australia captain admits to...
- 18:54 'We have achieved nothing yet' - Coventry City boss Mark Robins has...
- 18:51 Carer sacked after filming Alzheimer’s sufferer crawling on floor
- 18:50 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:50 Two boys arrested after video captures commuter being brutally...
- 18:48 Spen Valley High School’s Mrs McConnell retires after 30 years
- 18:47 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:44 Unseen photographs of Beatles in US fetch £253,200 at auction
- 18:43 ‘Bankrupt’ Northamptonshire County Council paid CEO more than...
- 18:40 Woman rescued from car after crash in Wigan
- 18:39 Why is Barclays bank refunding some of its customers and how can I...
- 18:38 Why young, inexperienced BeLeavers were perfect for the Brexit...