Pub chat leads to £10,000 wheelchair lifeline for terminally ill boy Dylan
0 Have your say A chance meeting in a Belper pub has led to the gift of a £10,000 lifeline for a five-year-old boy who is terminally ill.
Dylan Jones suffers from a rare muscle-wasting disease, for which there is no treatment or cure. His condition will get gradually worsen as he grows older, and the average life expectancy of those affected is 26. From the day Dylan was diagnosed in February 2015, mum Ashley Lawmon, 25, threw herself into fundraising to help her son, even giving up her job.
One big boost resulted in the backing of boxing and fitness gyms in Derby. But the major... read more
- 00:11 Fiction: The Trouble With Humans by Tracy Rees
- 00:11 Book reviews: Jane Austen At Home and Uncommon People
- 00:11 Dance review: Mixed Bill by The Royal Ballet
- 00:11 Theatre reviews: Winter Hill and Woyzeck
- 00:11 Opera review: Cavalli’s Hipermestra by Glyndebourne Festival Opera
- 00:11 Film reviews: Pirates Of The Caribbean, Interlude In Prague and more
- 00:11 Remembering Sir Roger Moore: The legendary actor who 'charmed'...
- 00:11 Christine McVie reveals why she returned to the spotlight with new...
- 00:11 Student invents rocking chair that soothes autistic children
- 00:08 Garden of peace to be created to honour war poet Wilfred Owen
- 00:08 Ben Stokes offers injury update after England clinch South Africa win
- 00:06 Uber CEO Kalanick's mother dies in boat accident
- 00:02 TV round up: Twin Peaks, Inspector George Gently and more
- 00:02 The Handmaid’s Tale star Elisabeth Moss: It’s very hard to put this...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: Whitney’s TRUE intentions EXPOSED by Shirley...
- 23:59 Kell Brook beaten by Errol Spence in IBF welterweight title fight...
- 23:59 Hope for Corbyn in critical week for election campaign
- 23:56 Dani Garavelli’s Election Focus: East Dunbartonshire
- 23:56 James Walker: Know your rights if your flight is delayed
- 23:54 Jamie George poised to become the Lions' first-choice hooker
- 23:51 Arsene Wenger becomes the most successful boss in FA Cup history...
- 23:50 Thousands of music fans show defiance in the face of terror by...
- 23:50 ‘Shocking rise’ in murders, sex attacks and serious assaults
- 23:48 Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt: Panenka penalty from...
- 23:48 Mother of Uber CEO killed in boating accident - newspaper
- 23:44 ‘Gutted’ Kell Brook loses IBF title to impressive Errol Spence...
- 23:41 Euan McColm: I’m with Obama on snake oil salesmen
- 23:39 Dementia now second only to poverty on the worry list
- 23:35 Wackiest ways to summer fitness: SARA MALM digs out the most...
- 23:35 Exeter boss Paul Tisdale warns players ahead of Blackpool clash:...