Pub chat leads to £10,000 wheelchair lifeline for terminally ill boy Dylan
0 Have your say A chance meeting in a Belper pub has led to the gift of a £10,000 lifeline for a five-year-old boy who is terminally ill.
Dylan Jones suffers from a rare muscle-wasting disease, for which there is no treatment or cure. His condition will get gradually worsen as he grows older, and the average life expectancy of those affected is 26. From the day Dylan was diagnosed in February 2015, mum Ashley Lawmon, 25, threw herself into fundraising to help her son, even giving up her job.
One big boost resulted in the backing of boxing and fitness gyms in Derby. But the major... read more
- 00:58 Italy to seize NGO rescue ships as migrant row deepens
- 00:55 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:54 Local groups invited to apply for Bowhill funding
- 00:51 Airbus plans UK job cuts amid fears of hard Brexit impact
- 00:50 Sudoku 4093 hard
- 00:49 Royal Ascot 2018 day four tips: Billesdon Brook can land the...
- 00:47 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:41 Misconceptions around mental health are making 1 in 4 delay...
- 00:41 'Dangerous' carbon monoxide alarms removed from Amazon and eBay
- 00:39 Church prepares for visiting choral society's concert
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: Pound for pound. Why park cuts should be a...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: House out of order. Brexit and Commons reform
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Battle for Brexit became rout of rebels
- 00:38 Sturgeon to hold talks with UK government
- 00:35 Slideshow: Birkenshaw Christmas lights
- 00:35 Sharks, Moor and Celtic suffer Conference defeats
- 00:30 Migrant children: Pentagon asked to house migrant minors
- 00:26 Part-privatisation of probation sector 'is a mess', MPs say
- 00:24 The UK's rapid return to city centre living
- 00:18 MPs to investigate 'fast fashion' impact
- 00:18 Probation system 'a mess' despite reforms, say MPs
- 00:17 Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash?
- 00:12 Church of England makes last-minute approach to abuse survivors
- 00:11 Viewpoint: Why the Kashmir government fall is a tragedy
- 00:10 BREAKING: Eurozone nations agree to end Greece austerity with debt...
- 00:06 Quebec City mosque shooter 'not a monster' say parents
- 00:06 Chelsea reportedly agree £31m deal to sign Juventus centre-back...
- 00:05 House of Fraser rescue plan faces vote
- 23:50 Sanderson delighted as 'fantastic day' puts Northants on brink of...
- 23:37 US banks pass financial stress tests