Pub bombings: Labour Shadow Cabinet demands funding for victims' families
Labour has officially backed calls for families of the Birmingham pub bombing victims to receive legal funding so they can be properly represented at fresh inquests.
Diane Abbott, the Shadow Home Secretary, and Richard Burgon, the Shadow Justice Secretary, have written to the Government insisting that the relatives need financial support “to properly and fully pursue justice in memory of their loved ones.”
The letter makes it clear that Labour’s policy as the official opposition is to back the Justice for the 21 Campaign, which calls for the families to receive help with legal fees.
There... read more
- 18:47 Boy dies and three others hurt in Rochdale field
- 18:43 Jailed Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘to face new trial’
- 18:40 Neymar: PSG star hands Man City boss Pep Guardiola HUGE transfer boost
- 18:39 BMW PGA Championship: McIlroy bounces back with luck to keep a...
- 18:38 England face defeat despite Jos Buttler and Dom Bess heroics – 4...
- 18:38 Champions League final line-ups: Gareth Bale dropped for Real...
- 18:37 Will Smith's World Cup song Live It Up released for Russia 2018
- 18:35 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week
- 18:31 Champions League Final FREE LIVE STREAM - How to watch Liverpool vs...
- 18:30 Train somehow gets lost in Yorkshire on way to Reading
- 18:29 Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban
- 18:27 Ireland votes by landslide to legalise abortion
- 18:27 Romanised causes 25-1 shock in Irish 2,000 Guineas at Curragh
- 18:25 History made as Ireland votes to legalise abortion in...
- 18:22 Liverpool News: £96m La Liga raid eyed, Fekir deal ‘likely’, Reds...
- 18:21 Why Liverpool won’t be wearing their new kit against Real Madrid in...
- 18:17 Big Bang comp challenges pupils from West Cumbrian schools
- 18:17 Cash boost and award for Whitehaven organisation
- 18:17 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 18:15 Champions League final: Liverpool fitness concern over Salah and...
- 18:15 Zero Degrees Festival in Louth will be bigger and better this year
- 18:10 Champions League final: Liverpool legend Graeme Souness SLAMS...
- 18:04 Harvey Weinstein: What next after first charges filed
- 18:02 Parents cry for joy as they find missing son after 24 years
- 18:00 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:59 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:58 NHS accolade for popular Wigan heart doctor
- 17:55 ‘Nightmare’ on Boston Road is worse than ever
- 17:53 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:52 Champions League final: Why Tottenham prove Liverpool can beat Real...