Provident Financial weak as the sub-prime lender reveals that its Satsuma business will now make a loss
Provident Financial shares fell today after the sub-prime lender confirmed its online, short-term loans business Satsuma will no longer squeeze out a profit this year.
The FTSE 100-listed lender said back in July that Satsuma would break-even in 2016, while in January it was even expected to make a modest profit for the full year.
But this morning, in a third quarter trading update, the company said the business will now make a small loss for the year.
As a result, shares in Provident Financial fell 2.3 per cent, or 72p at 3,008p - making it one of the top fallers on the FTSE 100 index in... read more
- 21:17 Austria election: Kurz could cause EU CHAOS by joining...
- 21:16 Chelsea News: Antonio Conte admits he DID try to sign Radja...
- 21:16 Man Utd news: Nemanja Matic reveals how Benfica helped shape his...
- 21:15 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:14 Police concern for missing 12-year-old boy
- 21:13 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:12 Two arrests as crossbow and knives seized by West Yorkshire Police
- 21:12 Police concern for missing 12-year-old boy
- 21:10 South Africa murders: Man admits charges after Roger and Christine...
- 21:10 As Crimewatch is axed by the BBC after 33 years, here's footage of...
- 21:08 Boxing, MMA and bare-knuckle ballroom dancing at the Roundhouse!
- 21:06 Trump's NAFTA demands REJECTED: Talks stall as Mexico and Canada...
- 21:06 Financial analyst 'Dr Doom' claims US is great because it's run by...
- 21:06 Two arrests as West Yorkshire Police seize weapons from stolen car
- 21:05 A judge just blocked Trump’s latest travel ban
- 21:05 Police search for missing 12-year-old Derbyshire boy
- 21:03 Football: Battle to win the Bob Brodie Trophy could be the closest...
- 21:02 Mysterious illness caused boy, 7, to sleep for TWO WEEKS
- 21:02 New lines drawn in parliamentary voting shake-up for South Yorkshire
- 21:02 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers wary of the Jupp Heynckes effect ahead...
- 21:02 Is this the worst council house in the UK? Mum-of-two shocked by...
- 21:00 Archaeologist spots hundreds of mysterious, ancient stone...
- 21:00 $17m glass mansion reduced to rubble by California wildfire
- 20:58 Morning mail: Reese Witherspoon alleges sexual assault
- 20:57 Cristiano Ronaldo goal: Watch Real Madrid star score against...
- 20:56 More hare coursing arrests in Lincolnshire
- 20:56 Quadring pupils win big as new play area is installed
- 20:54 Police updates after two men shot in car
- 20:52 Woman pays tribute to 'amazing' Royal Derby Hospital A&E department
- 20:52 Film producer calls for commission to stamp out sexual harassment