Protesters against Grantham A&E closure are marching in London
Campaigners against the overnight closures at Grantham A&E are heading to London.
Managers closed the unit in August because of a shortage of doctors.
The protesters will join others from across the country facing similar cut backs. They will march outside Downing Street.
United Lincolnshire Hospital Trust which runs the hospital says it was not an easy decision to make but was necessary to protect patients' safety.
READ MORE: Campaign group set to march in London to fight for Grantham's A&E
The community group is fighting to get an A and E department to re-open 24 hours a day.
The... read more
- 18:04 'Please save our jobs' say Dee Valley Water workers as crunch court...
- 18:04 Steven Gerrard returns to Liverpool as Academy coach as club...
- 18:03 Saido Berahino transfer latest: Stoke agree terms with West Brom...
- 18:03 11 lost buildings of Coventry that are gone but not forgotten
- 18:00 Per Mertesacker shows love for Arsenal with response to signing...
- 17:58 Lucky escape for driver after head-on crash in Goole
- 17:58 Quad bike vandals leave trail of destruction on Leeds golf course
- 17:58 A38 at Branston to remain closed for THREE more hours
- 17:57 Girl, 4, killed after months of cruelty by mother and her...
- 17:57 Obama’s inauguration was very different
- 17:56 Tragic student took own life after being discharged from hospital
- 17:56 Lincoln City v Dover Athletic LIVE - can the Imps thwart Ricky...
- 17:56 Man United boss Jose Mourinho faces decision time: 11 stars could...
- 17:55 Gwynedd man beaten with golf club, stabbed and left unconscious by...
- 17:54 Losing in Iraq, Islamic State seeks to shore up Syria presence
- 17:54 Rocket fired near Istanbul police headquarters - CNN Turk
- 17:54 Teenagers left devastated after five bikes stolen from Tamworth...
- 17:54 Live: Meeting to show support for Cleethorpes Library
- 17:54 Poppy Widdison: Children's Commissioner launches child protection...
- 17:53 Driver killed after lorry overturns and bursts into flames on M42
- 17:52 END OF EU? Brexit is ticking TIME BOMB for eurozone, says Merkel's...
- 17:51 Police at scene of Tunstall High Street collision involving motorbike
- 17:51 Update: Three taken to hospital after three car collision near A34
- 17:51 REVIEW: La Traviata - Royal Opera House
- 17:49 Burnley ace George Boyd being tracked by a host of Premier League...
- 17:49 Crystal Palace remain in the hunt for Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson
- 17:49 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta ruled out of La Liga trip to...
- 17:49 'A total cluster****' Radical left wing protesters 'try to to...
- 17:46 Tragic student took own life after developing drug psychosis
- 17:46 Firefighters tackle van on fire - road closed