Protester who burned the Union Jack fined for gatecrashing a Labour event last year
A PROTESTER has been fined £1000 after he tried to gatecrash a Labour event.
Sean Clerkin, 55, demanded to enter the private event at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow, where the then shadow chancellor Ed Balls was giving a speech.
Clerkin pushed past staff and repeatedly fell to the ground, alleging he had been assaulted.
Clerkin, who famously chased then Scottish Labour into a Subway during the 2011 election, was also filmed this week burning the Union Jack.
The protester, of Barrhead, near Glasgow, shouted and behaved in an aggressive manner and refused to leave.
He denied... read more
- 07:35 Devastation caused by family's three horror crashes spurs woman on...
- 07:35 Iain Duncan Smith to urge PM to scrap £3.4bn Universal Credit cuts
- 07:35 DIY doctors: New Zealand medical students 'operating on themselves...
- 07:34 Growing up - Rule changes help India's oil market act its size
- 07:31 British mum killed after falling from hot air balloon in front...
- 07:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 07:31 Twitter pairs: MLAs matched with famous lookalikes
- 07:31 Fire rages close to historic Exeter Cathedral
- 07:30 'Pleasure Island is in my blood - I will miss it' - Melanie Wood on...
- 07:30 The sting in the tail for a star of Grimsby's Flog It! ahead of its...
- 07:30 How grief for his wife spurred Charlie to volunteer - and he's...
- 07:29 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 28
- 07:29 Philippine mayor among 10 killed in shootout as drug war enters new...
- 07:28 Some of the gigs taking place in the Dispatch area this weekend
- 07:28 Adam Murray: ‘Mansfield Town will make the play-offs’
- 07:28 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:28 Eni posts third-quarter net loss, misses expectations
- 07:28 UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops
- 07:28 Total third-quarter beats forecast on increased output and cost...
- 07:27 Royal Bank of Scotland sees more losses in third quarter
- 07:24 Thieves leave 'scene of devastation' after ransacking church for money
- 07:24 Woman accused of murdering boyfriend by stabbing him in chest...
- 07:23 'Evil' bully's reign of terror which left disabled girlfriend 'broken'
- 07:23 EU gives food clean bill of health over herbicides
- 07:22 Nikkei climbs to fresh 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 07:21 Phil Brown tells Hull City fans what they'll get from Neil McDonald
- 07:21 Q&A with new Hull KR coach Tim Sheens as he talks City of Culture...
- 07:21 Family’s thanks for support after fire destroys their Swinstead home
- 07:21 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:20 Manchester United receive Chris Smalling injury boost