Protest over Success Regime plans as hundreds turn out for meeting
Hundreds of people have attended a public meeting this afternoon to quiz health bosses on controversial proposals to strip services from the West Cumberland Hospital.
The heated debate saw members of the public, along with members of current and former staff from the Whitehaven hospital, question the panel which included bosses from the Success Regime which has put forward the raft of proposals.
A group of protestors, dressed as "corpses" in black and with painted faces, gathered at the entrance of the United Reformed Church in Whitehaven.
And when members of the panel – including... read more
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings
- 15:09 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:08 Ill passenger causes delays on trains
- 15:08 Multi-million pound scheme to get Nuneaton jobless back to work
- 15:08 Got a rat, cockroach or other pest problem in Mansfield? Phone...
- 15:08 Tony Pulis demands Middlesbrough see the job through
- 15:08 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:08 Halifax MP anger over last bank closure in Sowerby Bridge
- 15:07 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:07 We perform BETTER when we have an audience despite being more...
- 15:07 Man stole three cars and burgled house after going "berserk" during...
- 15:07 Bitcoin heist: Iceland fugitive says he wants to go home
- 15:07 Police station set to be demolished for homes plan in Solihull
- 15:06 Wiganers urged to get out of hospital PJs
- 15:05 Thierry Henry asks Arsenal fans to give Arsene Wenger the 'exit he...
- 15:05 Amir Khan tips the scales at 10st 10lbs after TWO YEARS out as Phil...
- 15:05 Chelsea U19s 2-2 Porto U19s (5-4 on penalties): Blues through to...
- 15:04 Toxic neighbour: Monsanto and the poisoned town
- 15:03 Rennie tells Robison: "Resign now."
- 15:03 Algerian woman denied French citizenship over handshake
- 15:03 Fire crews called to two kitchen fires in Prestwich and Stockport...
- 15:02 Lytham in Bloom team in BBC documentary series
- 15:01 Four reasons why we love Apple’s iPhone 8 (PRODUCT) RED- and...
- 15:01 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:01 Send us your football team photos
- 15:00 Has Google FINALLY made a decent Android messaging service? Firm...
- 15:00 YouTube is STILL running adverts from major companies on disturbing...
- 15:00 Ill passenger causes delays on trains