Protest at axing of archaeology A-level
A campaign is calling for the reversal of a decision to scrap A-level archaeology - saying it would cause "irrevocable harm" to the development of future archaeologists.
Time Team presenter Sir Tony Robinson has backed the protest.
The Chartered Institute of Archaeology says there is already a shortage of archaeologists, needed to work alongside major building projects.
The AQA exam board says there will be no more new entrants for the subject.
But students who have started the A-level this year will be able to continue and complete the course.
Teachers who are campaigning against... read more
- 04:31 UFC News: McGregor training for Mayweather fight, St-Pierre talks,...
- 04:29 Nasa waits on Cassini radio contact from Saturn
- 04:29 Couple die holding hands after 69 years of marriage
- 04:28 U.S., South Korea agree THAAD deployment going smoothly - South Korea
- 04:28 South Korea, U.S. warn of punishment for North Korea; U.S. stresses...
- 04:27 Chinese troops along North Korean border ‘on HIGH ALERT’ amid fears...
- 04:19 Jayne Dowle: Why we’re failing to help pupils reach for the stars
- 04:18 Horse Racing Tips April 27: Beverley, Chelmsford City, Market...
- 04:15 Conor McGregor's manager reveals why Floyd Mayweather fight is...
- 04:08 Orgreave files: Government urged to consider release
- 04:04 Paraguay MPs reject amendment allowing president re-election
- 04:01 Hummus be joking! UK in meltdown over dip shortage
- 03:59 Derbyshire hoping to improve record against Durham
- 03:58 Digital ad spend jumps 22 percent to $72.5 billion in 2016: report
- 03:54 Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- 03:54 Chinese banks, brokers eye robo advice for edge on competition
- 03:50 Nikkei gives back some gains, BOJ awaited
- 03:45 Filming of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in JEOPARDY over...
- 03:36 Neil McNicholas: Calling the useless quangos to account
- 03:28 Hummus shortage leaves North East middle classes in dip disarray
- 03:25 Israel seeks U.S. backing to avert permanent Iran foothold in Syria
- 03:25 Brazil lawmakers pass labour bill in bittersweet victory for Temer
- 03:24 Ex-Rangers owner Sir David Murray says he had 'no relationship'...
- 03:21 South Korea raises 2017 export outlook, April shipments seen surging
- 03:14 Inquiry into renewable heat incentive scheme to convene
- 03:14 Abuse reports must be taken seriously, says charity after Alice...
- 03:14 Bradley Lowery returns to hospital as mother reveals his...
- 03:14 Court to consider Government's delay on revealing air pollution plan
- 03:02 'My vision is like looking through a straw'
- 03:02 At what age do you feel you have reached adulthood?