Protest at axing of archaeology A-level
A campaign is calling for the reversal of a decision to scrap A-level archaeology - saying it would cause "irrevocable harm" to the development of future archaeologists.
Time Team presenter Sir Tony Robinson has backed the protest.
The Chartered Institute of Archaeology says there is already a shortage of archaeologists, needed to work alongside major building projects.
The AQA exam board says there will be no more new entrants for the subject.
But students who have started the A-level this year will be able to continue and complete the course.
Teachers who are campaigning against... read more
- 08:06 Costa Coffee to spin off from Whitbread
- 08:06 Inside Nintendo's secretive creative process
- 08:06 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing outside flats in...
- 08:06 UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins entire £121.3 million jackpot...
- 08:06 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool star on a par with Lionel Messi and...
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:03 Single Brit winner scoops £121million EuroMillions jackpot - are...
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...
- 07:51 TSB crisis: CEO says online banking is 'up and running', but some...
- 07:51 Meek Mill receives hero’s welcome as he rings the bell at...
- 07:50 Foreign Office climate staff cut by 25% under Boris Johnson
- 07:50 Cricket fans given chance to purchase land at Lord's for...
- 07:49 Ice cream parlour with 50 flavours to open in Northampton shopping...
- 07:48 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:48 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 07:46 Lloyds Bank profits jump by 23% to £1.6bn
- 07:45 Ultrafast broadband comes to Coventry - download an HD movie in...
- 07:45 Woman seeks £700,000 compensation from driver who killed her husband
- 07:45 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69, M1 and more