Protest at axing of archaeology A-level
A campaign is calling for the reversal of a decision to scrap A-level archaeology - saying it would cause "irrevocable harm" to the development of future archaeologists.
Time Team presenter Sir Tony Robinson has backed the protest.
The Chartered Institute of Archaeology says there is already a shortage of archaeologists, needed to work alongside major building projects.
The AQA exam board says there will be no more new entrants for the subject.
But students who have started the A-level this year will be able to continue and complete the course.
Teachers who are campaigning against... read more
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...
- 09:49 Cash and jewellery stolen in Kettering burglary
- 09:48 Man sprayed CS gas into eyes of Cumbrian police officer trying to...
- 09:47 REGIONAL: Police officer jobs announced
- 09:47 Barcelona set deadline for Hector Bellerin signing as they grow...
- 09:43 Yellow weather warning for rain issued
- 09:42 Choking the life out of seabirds, the rubbish littering our...
- 09:42 Who's a big boy? Dog owners share side-by-side snaps of their...
- 09:42 Panoramic FAIL: The amusing, bizarre and downright scary results of...
- 09:42 Interview with Richard Blackledge: Former businessman and Master...
- 09:41 Inspectors praise support for Northamptonshire children with...
- 09:41 Everton want £10m Andre Gray: Burnley eye Britt Assombalonga as...
- 09:41 Everton eye Sheffield United midfielder David Brooks following...
- 09:41 Course on how to deal with stress
- 09:40 Tourism's time to seize opportunity
- 09:40 Boost for brain injury survivors on coast
- 09:40 Stephen Good: Innovation is change that unlocks new value
- 09:40 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, dollar ease ahead of slew of c.bank speeches
- 09:39 Fastest broadband areas in the UK have been revealed
- 09:39 'It's absolutely disgraceful' - Residents hit out at grass verge...
- 09:37 Meet the bikers who give up their weekend to save the NHS £20,000
- 09:37 Chelsea wanted Inter Milan star Antonio Candreva to replace Oscar -...
- 09:37 Gun shots fired as police clash with British tourists on Algarve