Proof that IVF babies can inherit father's infertility: Tests on men born using common fertility technique find they also suffer from low sperm counts
Thousands of boys born each year using a common fertility technique could be inheriting their father’s infertility, researchers have found.
Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection – known as ICSI – is used in more than half of all fertility treatments in the UK, with some 9,000 babies born each year as a result.
Tests on the first group of men to have been born using ICSI have now shown that they too suffer from low sperm counts and poor-moving sperm.
Researchers said a ‘degree of sub-fertility’ had been passed on to them from fathers unable to conceive naturally.
ICSI involves injecting the... read more
- 08:55 School remains closed over building's safety fears
- 08:54 Give rugby club a try and help secure its future
- 08:53 Pat Nevin makes huge claim about Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 08:53 Appeal after crashed car is found abandoned on Amounderness Way
- 08:53 Robinson steps down as Hartlepool Rovers coach, Benson takes charge
- 08:52 Greggs sales boosted by demand for healthier snacks
- 08:52 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:51 Arnfield verus Hall re-match is on
- 08:51 Club confirms talks over Chelsea deal: This would be huge
- 08:51 Greg’s yellow card collection is costly
- 08:51 Fran calls time on career
- 08:51 Brig boss wields the axe as striker Ben departs
- 08:49 Council tax to rise in Calderdale - but services will be cut
- 08:49 Louis van Gaal opens up about 'difficult' six months at Manchester...
- 08:48 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:48 Breaking news: Live updates for Derby and Derbyshire
- 08:48 Rail death halts trains between Bradford and Ilkley
- 08:48 Surge in littering fines as Northampton Borough Council cracks down...
- 08:48 An architect turned a jumbo jet into a fancy mansion
- 08:48 Northampton charities, agencies and support groups boosted by...
- 08:47 Man arrested over Dinnington teenage girl murder
- 08:47 Russell Blent: Missing Shrewsbury man's family trapped in a...
- 08:47 FTSE extends losses ahead of May speech, Europe lower too
- 08:47 Russia's Lavrov says deployment of NATO troops in Baltics a bad idea
- 08:46 Awesome foursome complete sea fishing course in Whitby
- 08:46 East Midlands Trains between Loughborough and London delayed
- 08:46 Man arrested in connection with death of teenage girl in Rotherham
- 08:45 Who’s set to be in Donald Trump’s cabinet?
- 08:45 Man’s brutally honest ‘sick note’ wins him worldwide respect
- 08:43 Manchester United Transfer News: £100m striker signing, Celtic ace...