Profit taking weighs on Hong Kong stocks after strong rally
Oct 11 Hong Kong stocks fell more than 1 percent on Tuesday as investors took profits after a strong rally over the past few months.
As trading resumed following Monday's holiday, the Hang Seng index fell 1.3 percent to 23,549.52 points, while the China Enterprises Index lost 1.2 percent to 9,804.47.
The Hong Kong market posted its biggest quarterly gain in seven years in July-September, jumping 12 percent. So many investors expect trading to be volatile this quarter due to rising pressure from profit-taking.
Most sectors fell on Tuesday, with property shares leading the decline as more... read more
- 14:11 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 14:10 Not standing still: The Great Dixter Cookbook
- 14:10 The Dunhill tuxedo: Charm assured
- 14:10 WANTED: Landlords for two Chesterfield pubs
- 14:08 Take a look around Nottingham's new Mimi Artisan Bakery with its...
- 14:08 Record-breaking Dutch pop and jazz Caro Emerald is coming to...
- 14:08 Burger King on Castle Boulevard to close less than a year after...
- 14:08 Missing 16-year-old not seen since Easter
- 14:08 Pupils swap desks for the factory floor
- 14:08 Five-a-side firms Goals and Powerleague in merger talks
- 14:08 100 days of Donald Trump: Behind the hype and headlines
- 14:08 Uber's CEO surrendered in showdown with Apple's Tim Cook after...
- 14:08 Sick perverts are creating fake Harry Styles and Justin Bieber...
- 14:06 Albania opposition blocks roads, wants technocrat government
- 14:06 Two taken to hospital with serious injuries after Worksop collision
- 14:06 23 pieces of advice to help first-time fathers survive labour
- 14:06 Bingo! Doncaster couple raise cash for hospice
- 14:06 Birmingham City: Matthew Upson on Gianfranco Zola and scrapping for...
- 14:06 It’s National Stop Snoring Week: What causes snoring and how can it...
- 14:06 Birmingham City fans pay tribute to Aston Villa's Ugo Ehiogu during...
- 14:05 The science behind why we can't stop eating kebabs
- 14:05 Part of M6 motorway in Cumbria blocked after HGV crash
- 14:04 Shadow Brexit Secretary to speak at Burnley's May Day Festival
- 14:04 Conor McGregor still hopeful of fighting Floyd Mayweather in September
- 14:04 Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote - study
- 14:04 YP Letters: Our national broadcasters should adopt ‘Brexit-free days’
- 14:04 YP Letters: Try walking back to a happier, healthier life
- 14:03 Lancashire recommends... Shopping experiences
- 14:02 Manchester United fans will love Michael Keane's reported answer to...
- 14:02 Ex-Liverpool FC defender Mamadou Sakho plays down celebration of...